Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #7,816 of 12,415
saw a Monster Inspiration headphone.

i still dislike Monsteraudio anyway.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #7,819 of 12,415
Anyy headfiers ride greyhound very recently? Saw a pair of grados, sony mdr 7506, sennheiser 400 series (not sure which model exactly).

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #7,820 of 12,415
there was a mini making of toy story 2 thing on tv last night after toy story played, dont judge haha still one of my favorite movies of all time, i saw a lot of people wearing what appeared to be foxtex T50rp's

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #7,821 of 12,415
A lot of studios use T20 and T40 Fostex as well.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #7,824 of 12,415
I have 2 sorta sightings:
first of all, the University of Memphis recording studio has M50 monitors, probably 20 pairs.  I felt right at home when i took my M50s in to do some tracking
Secondly, has anyone else been in Radio Shack recently?  They are selling V-Moda M80s in Radio Shack now, and for a reasonable price lower than Beats.  

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #7,826 of 12,415
So the trend in my school right now is Beats. I think I have seen about 5 pairs total? They all just showed up out of nowhere. A kid in my class that had the Beats Solos just upgraded to Studios over the weekend... kill me now. He thinks he's such hot ****, trashing my Ultrasones saying his Studios would blow them away. Pisses me off. 
mad.gif

Aaaaanyways, back to sightings. Couple seconds later I see this kid wearing these old beat up headphones, I asked what brand they were and he took them off and said "Uhhhh I dunno I found em on the side of the road. They are decent" They were over ear, black, and had like a little silver ball type thing in the center of the cups that said "Compact Disc" but then he walked off before I got a better look. Anyone know what they are? Just curious cause I have never seen the "Compact Disc" logo on headphones lol. I just assumed they were something cheap.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #7,827 of 12,415
At my school theres a massive amounts of Beats. It makes me want to throw up. Probably 50+ pairs for the 4,000 students. There are 2-3 Sennheisers that I've seen and the other day I spied some Grados on a kid in Middle School. Other than that there's my Ultrasone HFI-580's which are prone to constant ridicule from the Beats. Though whenever someone tries them on its fun to watch the pain in their eyes.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #7,828 of 12,415
Quote:
So the trend in my school right now is Beats. I think I have seen about 5 pairs total? They all just showed up out of nowhere. A kid in my class that had the Beats Solos just upgraded to Studios over the weekend... kill me now. He thinks he's such hot ****, trashing my Ultrasones saying his Studios would blow them away. Pisses me off. 
mad.gif

Aaaaanyways, back to sightings. Couple seconds later I see this kid wearing these old beat up headphones, I asked what brand they were and he took them off and said "Uhhhh I dunno I found em on the side of the road. They are decent" They were over ear, black, and had like a little silver ball type thing in the center of the cups that said "Compact Disc" but then he walked off before I got a better look. Anyone know what they are? Just curious cause I have never seen the "Compact Disc" logo on headphones lol. I just assumed they were something cheap.

Probably something that came with a cheapo CD player.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #7,829 of 12,415
A kid in my class that had the Beats Solos just upgraded to Studios over the weekend... kill me now. He thinks he's such hot ****, trashing my Ultrasones saying his Studios would blow them away. Pisses me off. :mad:

Let him borrow the Ultrasones then, perhaps give it a little bass boost from your EQ, and watch his expression. :D Certainly did the trick with a friend of mine, except that I used Senns on his "sound treatment" :)

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #7,830 of 12,415
Quote:
Let him borrow the Ultrasones then, perhaps give it a little bass boost from your EQ, and watch his expression.
biggrin.gif
Certainly did the trick with a friend of mine, except that I used Senns on his "sound treatment"
smily_headphones1.gif

That is what I am probably gonna do. Haha we got in an argument when he said they were better than my DJ1s. At one point I told him "Dude trust me, I know headphones" (which I don't know THAT much, but just compared to him) and then I walked away after he replied with "Dude so do I. I have owned 5 pairs of Beats" Ignorance truly is bliss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back