Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #7,637 of 12,415
Met a guy who just got into the hobby who has ed 8's and hd800's. It's funny because I own(ed) both those headphones

Eccentric guy too!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #7,638 of 12,415
Was walking home from the blue line metro stop in Springfield, VA and saw some guy that looked to be in his early 20's wearing some grados heading toward the metro.  I was slightly surprised, odd for a commuter hp what with the lack of isolation.  Had on my IE8's and gave him a nod as i walked by...

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #7,640 of 12,415
Gonna post this here as the non-audiophile reactions thread has been massively derailed as of late, and this counts as a sighting as well.

Last weekend, I saw a couple of schoolboys listening to their headphones near the front of the local library. The one in the middle got made fun of by a couple of other boys (his "friend"), for not buying the Beats and getting some "crappy" Senns. Kids tend to be pretty loud, so I heard something along the lines of "They're so cheap-looking" "Your parents must hate you", all the while showing off their shiny Solos by playing them excessively loud and shaking their heads in some sort of frenzy. Never have I seen such exaggerated head-bobbing from anyone. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #7,641 of 12,415
Gonna post this here as the non-audiophile reactions thread has been massively derailed as of late, and this counts as a sighting as well.

Last weekend, I saw a couple of schoolboys listening to their headphones near the front of the local library. The one in the middle got made fun of by a couple of other boys (his "friend"), for not buying the Beats and getting some "crappy" Senns. Kids tend to be pretty loud, so I heard something along the lines of "They're so cheap-looking" "Your parents must hate you", all the while showing off their shiny Solos by playing them excessively loud and shaking their heads in some sort of frenzy. Never have I seen such exaggerated head-bobbing from anyone. 

Aww, poor kid =(
Being bullied for getting better headphones

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #7,643 of 12,415
Quote:

poor kid :frowning2: if I was there I would've told them off

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #7,644 of 12,415
All I ever seem to see is Beats Solo & Studio. Now and then ill see a few people on the train with Senns, usually HD201 or HD202. 

Then the other day I let a colleague at work try out my HFI780, and he goes but dont u think beats are better?? 
eek.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #7,645 of 12,415
Of course, we don't know which Senn's they were. Sennheiser does make some dogs...the other kids might have been right (well, not about bullying, but there are at least a few Sennheiser headphones that Beats would trounce all around). There are many *worse* headphones than Beats... the biggest problem with them is not that they are bad headphones - they are just a bad value. They'd be good $40 headphones. 

:)

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #7,646 of 12,415
Quote:
Of course, we don't know which Senn's they were. Sennheiser does make some dogs...the other kids might have been right (well, not about bullying, but there are at least a few Sennheiser headphones that Beats would trounce all around). There are many *worse* headphones than Beats... the biggest problem with them is not that they are bad headphones - they are just a bad value. They'd be good $40 headphones. 

Couldn't agree more. At £40 the Beats Solo would be a fantastic pair of headphones :)

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #7,647 of 12,415
Finally saw someone today. All i ever see is i buds. Today i saw some ATH-M50. Not the greatest sighting, but still its a start.

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #7,648 of 12,415
Quote:

They were some variant of the HD25s, so probably a bit above the level of the Solos. It's not about the headphones that bothered me in the end, just that it reminded me how brutally cruel kids can be. I've seen similar situations with adults as well.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #7,649 of 12,415
A female wearing a pair of T5p's.

I did happily stop her and compliment her gear. She was definitely amping them, but the fact it was a girl shocked me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back