Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #7,502 of 12,415
KFC, 9PM. Saw a Sennheiser Adidas over-the-ear model. ATH-M50 on the light rail.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #7,504 of 12,415
On the Blue line this morning, dude with sunglasses and Grado's - I think SR80is. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #7,506 of 12,415
Quote:
Probably half my class has a pair of Koss PortaPro's, inlcuding me.
I see them everywhere here in Norway, even more than Beats.

when i traveled there, i saw portapros in a lot of convenience stores, even in the airport

a bit unrelated by when i landed in copenhagen, i saw that almost all of the taxis were mercedes 
eek.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #7,508 of 12,415
I actually ran into a guy at college with LCD-2's. Got to demo them.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #7,509 of 12,415
Quote:

no one asks to Demo my Grado's.. -_-

but for some reason. some people who know what Grado headphones actually are in my area (mostly adult black men)
seems to really make them happy when they see them, it makes me happy too, like we share a bond having an intelligence toward an indeed good taste in Headphones.

as for some other people who dont know, such as in my classes, gazing into the written "The Prestige Series" and the "SR80" button gets them interested or intrigued.
My teacher was also intrigued aswell, came to ask "Are those hi-fidelity earphones erm, headphones?"

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #7,510 of 12,415
Tiny little hifi shop window in the busiest place on the highstreet discreetly just put hd800's and hd700's in the corner of the display. May have to pop in sometime :wink: Apart from that, there is a mass of beats, ibuds and skullcandys. If only they knew what they were missing!

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #7,512 of 12,415
Quote:

Woah, NICE!
The LCD-2/3 aren't my favourite headphones...but I can definitely see the appeal for them.

I saw a few ATH-M50's on-campus today. The only *expensive* headphone ($400+) I've seen so far is a Grado RS-1.
...oh and I saw a few Chinese people at a bubble tea shop talking/listening to their Solo HD's. I've got to say, though those headphones sound like garbage, they have a high sex appeal. The bright, metallic-looking colours have a big hit for students.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #7,513 of 12,415
Woah, NICE!
The LCD-2/3 aren't my favourite headphones...but I can definitely see the appeal for them.

I saw a few ATH-M50's on-campus today. The only *expensive* headphone ($400+) I've seen so far is a Grado RS-1.
...oh and I saw a few Chinese people at a bubble tea shop talking/listening to their Solo HD's. I've got to say, though those headphones sound like garbage, they have a high sex appeal. The bright, metallic-looking colours have a big hit for students.

I prefer my SRH-940's... The LCD'2 was nice, but the differences in the two were too minor and the bass on the 940's is perfect for me if I EQ them right

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #7,514 of 12,415
Quote:
I prefer my SRH-940's... The LCD'2 was nice, but the differences in the two were too minor and the bass on the 940's is perfect for me if I EQ them right

Really? I found them to be a night and day difference, literally (dark and bright).

The LCD-2's sound is much darker than that of the SRH940 and the soundstage is very narrow in comparison to the SRH940 as well. Treble presence and sparkle of the SRH940 are in a completely different league than the LCD-2 from my experience (like LCD-2 vs HD800 or HE-500).

I agree with the bass though. Although the SRH940 is lean on the bass compared to the LCD-2, the LCD-2's bass seemed a bit bloated to my ears, making the mids seem very thick and warm.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #7,515 of 12,415
Really? I found them to be a night and day difference, literally (dark and bright).

The LCD-2's sound is much darker than that of the SRH940 and the soundstage is very narrow in comparison to the SRH940 as well. Treble presence and sparkle of the SRH940 are in a completely different league than the LCD-2 from my experience (like LCD-2 vs HD800 or HE-500).

I agree with the bass though. Although the SRH940 is lean on the bass compared to the LCD-2, the LCD-2's bass seemed a bit bloated to my ears, making the mids seem very thick and warm.

Yeah, highs in terms of performance were completely different, but soundstage differences don't register well with me when it comes to open vs. closed. Just a personal nitpick I suppose. I still love how the 940's work for every genre. IF EQ'D RIGHT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back