Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #7,456 of 12,415
This is one cool thread.

Anyway my friend came up to me one day, asking me if i would like to buy his beats.

I asked him why he bought it in the first place, and he was like: "i thought it would be something good. turns out it's no better than my senn cx680."

Not sure if to be disappointed that he wasted his money or to be happy that at least some non head-fi-ers know the true standard of beats. Haha!

A few sightings recently as well, guy with a m50s on the streets, shure se215, sony ZX700, quite a few AT WS-xx, and most importantly, an ULTRASONE EDITION 8 
basshead.gif

I can't believe how many people can stand the stock ipod buds. LOL

Relatively new to head-fi, I'm getting worried about how I would save money once I graduate and have a job 
redface.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7,457 of 12,415
This is one cool thread.

Anyway my friend came up to me one day, asking me if i would like to buy his beats.

I asked him why he bought it in the first place, and he was like: "i thought it would be something good. turns out it's no better than my senn cx680."

Not sure if to be disappointed that he wasted his money or to be happy that at least some non head-fi-ers know the true standard of beats. Haha!

A few sightings recently as well, guy with a m50s on the streets, shure se215, sony ZX700, quite a few AT WS-xx, and most importantly, an ULTRASONE EDITION 8 :basshead:

I can't believe how many people can stand the stock ipod buds. LOL

Relatively new to head-fi, I'm getting worried about how I would save money once I graduate and have a job :xf_eek:

Where do you live?
One of my friends started wearing his ED8 to work xD

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #7,458 of 12,415
So far on campus I've seen Aviators, DJ1, M50, SRH840, K702, SR80i, HD595, HD600, D2000 and recently SE215 and SR325is, along with beats/random earbuds-IEMs/etc. Which I find weird since almost half of those are huge open cans that should never be taken outside, the HD600 was gigantic on that relatively small guy's head :D 

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #7,459 of 12,415
Silver aviators, Sennhesier 205, 215, and 515( silver grilles ) if i recall. I'm not a Sennheimer guy so not used to them, see I can't even spell Sludgeheiser correctly...
wink.gif

Also a JVC S600 I think. I said "it's nice to see some decent cans..er ummm headphones " as i was walkin past with my IEM's going to the two guys and  I made a hand gesture about the sides of thier head. One guy looked a little "slow" and gave me a blank stare, other guy nodded. The blank stare was sort of like what the hell do you want. So rather than giving him the other one finger hand gesture I just laughed it off. Not my problem hes having a bad day or is a "slow" sort.
Have to be sort of polite and if I never comment I'll never know who's from here ( Victoria ). So far only met one ,local head-fier. But I know there's more.
Oh and today I also saw some Amfiton silver TDS-15, but they were on my head in the window reflections.
dt880smile.png

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #7,460 of 12,415
Damn!... I was out all morning and I was even in the airport where there are zillions of people donning phones.... I totally forgot about my plan to take a secret agent shot of some sightings (ok I was gunna ask permission).... Wanted to be the first to post actual pics.... Oh well...

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #7,461 of 12,415
Damn!... I was out all morning and I was even in the airport where there are zillions of people donning phones.... I totally forgot about my plan to take a secret agent shot of some sightings (ok I was gunna ask permission).... Wanted to be the first to post actual pics.... Oh well...

Pretty sure pics have been posted before...
But anyway, here's the one I promised you guys.
IMG_89971.jpg

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7,462 of 12,415
Nice. Lol. Ill have to try to "one up" you :wink:

Maybe ill just start a sightings pics thread. I think it wld be kinda fun to always be on the lookout.....

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #7,465 of 12,415
i find it pretty cool how a seasoned head fier can spot and identify most headphones and model numbers by sight on the road lol.ive only seen myself in glass here in the caribbean wth my k550 *forever alone head fier,lol, lot of ibuds,beats and no name headsets. first time wearing it in public today and ppl eyes just opened up when they saw me put this large thing on my head.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #7,470 of 12,415
^ The power of those K-Ons man, its just magic.

Saw a guy with a pair of XB500s while walking to my class today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back