Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #7,291 of 12,415
Sep 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #7,292 of 12,415
^ Sometimes I use my stock buds because I need the remote. Sometimes it's because I don't feel like dealing with my dual flanges. Sometimes when I'm downtown I use one bud so I can hear my surroundings and listen for when the phone rings. I don't always notice the ringtone or the vibration otherwise.

But enough about me. The feeling is mutual.

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #7,293 of 12,415
Quote:
^ Sometimes I use my stock buds because I need the remote. Sometimes it's because I don't feel like dealing with my dual flanges. Sometimes when I'm downtown I use one bud so I can hear my surroundings and listen for when the phone rings. I don't always notice the ringtone or the vibration otherwise.
But enough about me. The feeling is mutual.

I don't mind people who use iBuds for phone calls and leave one out, but for listening to music? REALLY?

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #7,300 of 12,415
Quote:

Wow. Just curious, what portable setup were you using?

Nothing nice really, Ipod touch 3rd gen with a Fiio L3 LOD to a Fiio E6 amp. Certainly not enough power to properly drive those AKGs, but it sounds suprisingly good considering. Nowadays I use the same, but I run it through a crossfeed circuit in addition to the amp. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #7,301 of 12,415
Quote:

I don't mind people who use iBuds for phone calls and leave one out, but for listening to music? REALLY?

Hey now I have my monster iSports that i use for work and if I don't keep one ear out I wouldn't be able to hear anything going on around me. Half an ear of music is better than silence sometimes.

Shout out for the iSports. Best "earbud" out there. These things are tanks. Never had a pair last more than a month before but these things are still going strong after 8 or 9 months getting crushed in my pocket all day. Plus they blow out any other buds with only one in.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #7,302 of 12,415
Quote:
Hey now I have my monster iSports that i use for work and if I don't keep one ear out I wouldn't be able to hear anything going on around me. Half an ear of music is better than silence sometimes.

Shout out for the iSports. Best "earbud" out there. These things are tanks. Never had a pair last more than a month before but these things are still going strong after 8 or 9 months getting crushed in my pocket all day. Plus they blow out any other buds with only one in.

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #7,303 of 12,415
another headphone showdown with my Grado Sr80i's

visited the Williamsburg Premium Outlet Shopping Mall today after going to a church.

being the only one wearing Headphones during the day and also the one only rocking some Grados...

but i was not alone, as there WAS a kid with a family wearing a shiny plastic wonder pair of White Beats by Dre SoloHD's
he kept looking at me, i never made eye contact.

and then i visited 1 store where he was by a luck chance, and we walked past each other. He took a good stare at my Grado Sr80i's

heh, i walked valiantly after
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back