Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #7,201 of 12,415
Spotted a pair of unknown silver phillips - they looked a bit like O'Neils crossed with Audio-Technica ES7's - no idea what they were. 

Had a dude ask me what I was listening to - he started laughing when I said Frank Zappa. He said he was expecting me to say some opera. I guess the DT1350 look like classical cans (or I look like a classical guy). :D

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #7,203 of 12,415
I might have seen Girls Generation (the HF user, not korean celebrities) and his CIEMs on my Uni campus today... Drove by and I'm 99% sure I saw someone with CIEMs

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #7,206 of 12,415
It's so sad to see people wast money on beats, i got my studio's back, had a quick tisten to it through my portable setup: the lows just leek like crazy in the mids, everybody says the beats have thumping base the base is not that impressive at all. The highs are recessed but not as much as the mids and they sound so hollow. I almost cried because i've spent €300 to look cool...

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #7,207 of 12,415
i was in starbucks today just finishing up some last min computer work and grab a drink i looked down the right of me in a row were 3 or 4 people all with ibuds plugged into iphones/ipads/laptop etc... all in a row staring at their respective devices. i thought it was quite interesting 

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #7,208 of 12,415
honestly guys, you should post non-ibuds or beats for the thread since we always are seeing those headphones/earbuds everyday

my 2c

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #7,209 of 12,415
Quote:
i was in starbucks today just finishing up some last min computer work and grab a drink i looked down the right of me in a row were 3 or 4 people all with ibuds plugged into iphones/ipads/laptop etc... all in a row staring at their respective devices. i thought it was quite interesting 

Starbucks and iDevices? I smell hipsters.

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #7,210 of 12,415
Nah - hipsters wouldn't be caught dead in a starbucks... they'd look for some boutique brand of coffee you haven't heard of yet, or only get dunkin donuts (the PBR of coffee).

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #7,211 of 12,415
Quote:
Nah - hipsters wouldn't be caught dead in a starbucks... they'd look for some boutique brand of coffee you haven't heard of yet, or only get dunkin donuts (the PBR of coffee).

what the heck is the deal with dunkin donuts and hipsters? my brother who is a hipster btw... we were in NYC for a cousin's wedding (from california) and he couldnt stop talking about how he had to stop by dunkin donuts...and its very true he will never step foot in a starbucks and swears by lamill and intelligensia.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #7,212 of 12,415
You don't have to be a hipster to never want to step into a Starbucks...you could just be someone who actually enjoys coffee.
But they don't know what they're missing out on...a hot choc, good pair of phones on, makes study just that more enjoyable :D
Notice the use of both Starbucks and hipsters, with a slight push back to headphones?
You're welcome :p

Oh god, why do they let me write posts? D:

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7,213 of 12,415
Saw a sony xb series can on the bus just now.

I'm also pleasantly surprised to see skullcandy aviators and mix masters being sold "en masse" just as openly as the beats.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #7,214 of 12,415
Beats.

This kid was wearing them full blast on his neck and when he put it on his ears, the whole class was amazed how it "barely lets any sound out". Dear god those things leak like crazy. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #7,215 of 12,415
Beats.

This kid was wearing them full blast on his neck and when he put it on his ears, the whole class was amazed how it "barely lets any sound out". Dear god those things leak like crazy. 

With the younger people/consumers in general, only the looks, bass, and loudness of a headphone matter.

I bet people were staring at him like this when he was walking around:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back