Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #7,172 of 12,415
Quote:
Zomg =O
You be joking right?
I go to a semi private and the majority of headphones I see are beats with 1-2 non-beats headphones (ultrasone, AT)

Don't know why but porta pros seems to be really popular here in Finland. Or maybe I'm just lucky to see people who read up on headphones before buying 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #7,176 of 12,415
Quote:
Guy in my cal class with beats. He doesn't even have a cable on them, he just wears them around his neck.

What a fool! lol

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #7,177 of 12,415
Quote:

According to the colleges I'm applying to, it makes us Asian. Sadly. I'd prefer to be lumped with other Pacific islanders.

im one to be against the whole Beat's hype including any other kind of Hype i can see; but not a Hipster though..

I do own a Grado Sr80i and i wear them with pride when i go out and about.

lol, forget Stereotypes

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #7,179 of 12,415
My high school actually has plenty of good headphones, along with the usual sea of Beats, Skullcandies and iBuds
I saw ATH-M50's, Koss PortaPro's, V-moda LP's and a few good IEMs; the ones I noticed were Hifiman RE0, UE TF10, Monster turbine pro copper's and klipsch image s4's.
 ​

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #7,181 of 12,415
i would call this more like a "Reverse-Sighting"

I was at the local Walmart "Wally World" today to do stuff with the coinstar and for someone to buy some stuff.

i sit on the bench next to the Bathrooms.

when someone walks by, looks at my headphones that im wearing, makes a lowered point and gladly says "Grado's"
it really made my day, among all the Beats i've seen that a nice individual knows my equipment.

<3 Grado Sr80i

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #7,183 of 12,415
Today in school I was lounging with my fellow jazz classmate and we were talking about headphones (all of us audio enthusiasts). Its refreshing to hear that people actually buy good headphones. We had a variety ranging from some Denon D2ks, Beyerdynamic DT990ish model (80s model of that line, friend found them for $5 at goodwill), Sennheiser HD202, AKG K181DJ, Grado SR 80, etc. Needless to say, I love my jazz class 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7,184 of 12,415
Quote:
Today in school I was lounging with my fellow jazz classmate and we were talking about headphones (all of us audio enthusiasts). Its refreshing to hear that people actually buy good headphones. We had a variety ranging from some Denon D2ks, Beyerdynamic DT990ish model (80s model of that line, friend found them for $5 at goodwill), Sennheiser HD202, AKG K181DJ, Grado SR 80, etc. Needless to say, I love my jazz class 
biggrin.gif

my god.. if i found me a over 200$ Beyerdynamic headphone JUST at a local Secondhand shop like Goodwill..

for 5$ too! were they in good condition?

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #7,185 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

my god.. if i found me a over 200$ Beyerdynamic headphone JUST at a local Secondhand shop like Goodwill..

for 5$ too! were they in good condition?

Apparently they work very well and are already pre-burnt in... I offered him $6 so we would both make a profit, but we both decided that I was getting ripped off :wink: 
BTW Pinoy Pride! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back