Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #6,212 of 12,415
I was cramming all night forn an exam today... while I was commuting to university there was this chinese girl in the seat right in front of me wearing Audiotechnica ath-esw9a. Didn't talk to her yet... but it was quite a good omen. Exams turned out to be quite peachy.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #6,213 of 12,415

Quote:
chinese girl in the seat right in front of me wearing Audiotechnica ath-esw9a.

That's the dream...
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #6,214 of 12,415
I was riding on the transit bus today and I saw a guy wearing Shure SE-535, made my day honestly. First headphone sighting apart from a pair of Ultimate Ears 11 pro customs that haven't been 1. Cheap as hell or 2. Beats/Bose.

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #6,215 of 12,415
1st day of second semester classes for me, I plopped down to next to a very pretty hipster-esque chick. She had a pair of headphones around her neck, I had to awkwardly squint over my shoulder to catch the model name, TR55LX.
A quick google search left me disappointed. In another class I saw some kid wearing and showing off his HD205's rather proudly to another student. I found salvation in my last class, a pair of W2's, I'm pretty certain of it. Although I was sitting kind of far away. I'll have to check again tomorrow. 

Oh and the cool kids with their beats.

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #6,216 of 12,415

Quote:
1st day of second semester classes for me, I plopped down to next to a very pretty hipster-esque chick. She had a pair of headphones around her neck, I had to awkwardly squint over my shoulder to catch the model name, TR55LX.
A quick google search left me disappointed. In another class I saw some kid wearing and showing off his HD205's rather proudly to another student. I found salvation in my last class, a pair of W2's, I'm pretty certain of it. Although I was sitting kind of far away. I'll have to check again tomorrow. 

Oh and the cool kids with their beats.

Actually, those are Philips Stretches. TR55LX is the name of the nylon the headband is made of (it's freakin sturdy!) They're lackadaisical stock, but they're a decent platform of modding. 

Quote:
 there was this chinese girl in the seat right in front of me wearing Audiotechnica ath-esw9a. Didn't talk to her yet

Fatal error. 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #6,218 of 12,415
I saw a very pimply kid on the city bus on the way home from the U today, with Grado SR-80's. Must have been a highschooler. We have quiet buses :)

Also, as mentioned in the Beats thread: That morning, I saw a mid-30's guy wearing Solos with masking tape in two different places on the headband.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #6,221 of 12,415
I work at a Tim Horton's here in Canada (minimum wage high-school student). Tonight a guy came in wearing some reasonable looking cans, couldn't identify as he had the pads facing outward. As I got his drink I had to ask "What kind of headphones are those?", surely he was proud to say "Grado's" (they were from what I could tell SR60's). I was taken aback for a second, as the closest thing to decent headphones in my area is the multitude of Beats wearing kids who purely seek louder bass and say "swag" every second word.
We talked for a minute about headphones and amps, he told me he was in $800 to his equipment, suggested a few headphones but about 45 seconds into our conversation, my manager was on me to get back to helping the line already piling up. I said my piece and off he went, hopefully he comes in again, it's extremely rare to meet anyone who has a CLUE about audio equipment, let alone willing to invest anything above $20, aside from vibrators (Skullcrushers, Beats, etc. - I have my prejudice).

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #6,225 of 12,415
I work at a Tim Horton's here in Canada (minimum wage high-school student). Tonight a guy came in wearing some reasonable looking cans, couldn't identify as he had the pads facing outward. As I got his drink I had to ask "What kind of headphones are those?", surely he was proud to say "Grado's" (they were from what I could tell SR60's). I was taken aback for a second, as the closest thing to decent headphones in my area is the multitude of Beats wearing kids who purely seek louder bass and say "swag" every second word.
We talked for a minute about headphones and amps, he told me he was in $800 to his equipment, suggested a few headphones but about 45 seconds into our conversation, my manager was on me to get back to helping the line already piling up. I said my piece and off he went, hopefully he comes in again, it's extremely rare to meet anyone who has a CLUE about audio equipment, let alone willing to invest anything above $20, aside from vibrators (Skullcrushers, Beats, etc. - I have my prejudice).

Cool story, Grado's seem to be the most used out and about audiophile headphones, if this thread has any say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back