Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 17, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #5,776 of 12,415

Quote:
I have noticed that trend as well. A lot (and I mean A LOT) of basketball players have them.....

wink.gif

I can't get over how ugly this picture is. If anything it deters me from buying beats.

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #5,778 of 12,415
Student in the library at my school had a set of Senn HD 600's connected to his iPod. At first I was skeptical about how good that would sound, but since I could't hear any sound bleeding out of the cups, I guess it's a perfect combination for a library...

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #5,780 of 12,415
Found a store while traveling on business in HK, which carried:

- The entire high end Sennheiser line including the HD800 on display, 650, 600, 598, 595, etc. etc.
- The entire Shure line up to the SRH940 (the SRH1840 isn't out yet anywhere)
- Probably the entire Beyerdynamic line with DT990s on a display stand in front, DT880s, 770s, and others
- High-end looking Sonys but I don't know how many because I wasn't interested 
- Denon D2000, Grado Alessandros, AKG 271s, and a bunch of others I saw and tried a bit

Another store not far away had Audeze LCD-2s but I don't think they had them for demoing. Seriously that place was amazing for headphone audiophiles. Basically a store of nothing but headphones.

But sadly, literally everyone I saw walking around there with headphones had Beats. Even suited business-people. Arrgh.

Anyway I finally got to try the HD800s, which are simply incredible headphones. The most amazing soundstage, detail, instrument separation, etc. I have ever heard. Anyway... maybe some day.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #5,782 of 12,415
Hong Kong near the MTR station nearest the convention/exhibition center, it's called "Wan Chai Computer Center" I think. Third floor, there are some rows of audio stores near the back. I spotted it when I saw the DT990 on display on a Beyer amp, and the HD800 behind glass (which they'll let you demo if you ask). They had DT880s also but just the 32 ohm version, which they let me try.

Note that not all of the headphones I mentioned are on display, but just carried by them behind glass. However they let me demo the HD800s when I asked so I'm sure others are possible too. The Grados and D2000s and a ton of other lower end headphones (Aviators etc. and lower range audiophile headphones which I'm less interested in) were demo-able in a store right next to it which had lots of portable headphone amps and misc audiophile products.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #5,783 of 12,415
Hong Kong near the MTR station nearest the convention center, it's called "Wan Chai Computer Center" I think. Third floor, there are some rows of audio stores near the back. I spotted it when I saw the DT990 on display on a Beyer amp, and the HD800 behind glass (which they'll let you demo if you ask).

Note that not all of the headphones I mentioned are on display, but just carried by them behind glass. However they let me demo the HD800s when I asked so I'm sure others are possible too. The Grados and D2000s were on display in a store right next to it which had lots of portable headphone amps and misc audiophile products.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I was hoping it'd be in the usa...specifically the east coast. For aome reason I was also under the impression that you were like in your low 20s or something :p

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #5,784 of 12,415
Quote:
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I was hoping it'd be in the usa...specifically the east coast. For aome reason I was also under the impression that you were like in your low 20s or something
tongue.gif

Yeah I wish there was a place like this in the USA too, sadly I haven't found one in my area. But that said, I haven't tried any of the major cities here like New York or SF. I would think NY would possibly have some high end ones to demo, but I don't know. Wherever it might be, it would have to be somewhere really populated I think, otherwise there'd probably be too low a surrounding population of audiophiles to make any business :p

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #5,786 of 12,415
Are you referring to age or something else, and I'm curious why and what changed you mind?

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #5,787 of 12,415
I was referring to your age.

Most anime lovers (cough otakus) are between 16-23 years of age.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #5,788 of 12,415
I don't actually watch anime much at all, not really a big fan. I just liked the picture because it had HD650s :p. But I am low 20s college age.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #5,789 of 12,415
The way you talked seem like a young fellow. Avatar helped as well. Whats a young college fellow doing on a business rrip? Unless of course its the businesa of having fun.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #5,790 of 12,415

Quote:
I was referring to your age.

Most anime lovers (cough otakus) are between 16-23 years of age.

Most anime lovers aren't otakus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back