Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #5,329 of 12,415
Saw a pair of beats solos on a friend today, didn't say a thing because she is giant fan of the beats  look and we all know no one like someone who diss their dream headphone. I'd be pissed if I ever get my hands on the JH16 or the O2 And then some guy started saying they are crappy and a massive rip off. It was an annoying hour with everyone getting excited over them though

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #5,330 of 12,415
i don't think anyone messes with customs. 'Why wouldn't you just get Beats?' isn't something I could see anyone saying to someone with customs. They just seem hardcore enough that Beats owners would back off, I'd like to think.

Quote:
Saw a pair of beats solos on a friend today, didn't say a thing because she is giant fan of the beats  look and we all know no one like someone who diss their dream headphone. I'd be pissed if I ever get my hands on the JH16 or the O2 And then some guy started saying they are crappy and a massive rip off. It was an annoying hour with everyone getting excited over them though

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #5,331 of 12,415
why would people get excited over beats solo?... They're extremely common lol

Quote:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #5,333 of 12,415
why would people get excited over beats solo?... They're extremely common lol

Quote:

I don't get why people want Solos. At least Studios sound decent too... But Solos sound just horrible

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5,336 of 12,415
Besides from a fellow Head-Fi'er, none so far.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #5,337 of 12,415
Today I saw some white PortaPros, which very much surprised me (I thought they only came in black). Also saw some K240s, which looked pretty out-of-place amongst all the beats/ibuds/generic IEMs around campus.

I haven't seen any portable amps, but I've used my cMOY BB around a little bit.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #5,339 of 12,415
This thread is great, but makes me really sad. The best I've seen are some xb500's, a single mdr-v6, and a couple of v-150's. Also a couple of people who wear Aviators, unknowing of the good sound. But the beats are like a disease at my school, I can't walk down the main hallway at lunch without seeing at least 10-20 pairs of them, its horrible, and they are mostly solo's :frowning2: 
I always try to mention nice headphones and sort of seek out any possible head-fiers in hiding at my school, but I think I am alone, even though I think I may have converted a friend a couple nights ago ("I had no idea the music could sound so crisp" haha). Anyways, my area is full of poop, I really want to buy good on-ears to show people what they are missing (right now I only have in-ears). 

Btw, how is the v-moda m-80? Thinking about that.....(sorry for OT)

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #5,340 of 12,415
Yesterday my new roomate was talking himself up, talking about playing instruments and all, saying he plays everything, all in the last few years which of course means he plays nothing... Me having played violin for 20 years now, I thought it was funny. Anyways he starts talking about his audio setup, first he has a sub that takes up half his rear seat, nearly blew my ears out showing me how loud it gets, was not good... And turns out he has a pair of Bose headphones, I show him my Denons and Grados, he's like "are those good?" I'm like "yes." And he keeps going, and I know he thinks his are better than mine, and I laugh inside. He's actually going to pose a challenge for me; I'm going to have to figure out if I can adapt my personality, and myself to the point where I can tolerate him for a few months. Normally I'd bertstare him and walk away, but hard to do that with a roomy.

Anyways, point being lol, Bose sighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back