Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 28, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #5,296 of 12,415
One of my friends got Beats By Dre, I declared we could no longer resume our friendship. 
wink.gif

On the other hand, I'm starting to see a lot of Audio Technica 'phones...

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #5,297 of 12,415
Sennheiser HD555 at the airport (imagine that on a plane ride).
Beats Studio at a train ride from Toulouse to Paris.
I don't see anybody in my campus sporting a beats though, but a girl in my class has a pink headphones I'd say probably an iFrogz Earpollution. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #5,300 of 12,415
2-3 Beats (does *anyone* actually wear these as headphones, because I only ever see them worn as neckbands).

And, for the first time, I spotted someone with a decent set of cans... I was so surprised that I stopped my conversation with the girl I was with so I could look. Then it became awkward, because the M50 was on a pretty girl, and the girl I was with started asking what I was looking at, and I said "Oh, just admiring her cans... first decent pair I've seen." Cue an awkward conversation about what I really meant, and what an "Audio-Technica" was. I don't know if I made my case better or worse that I was talking about headphones.

Still! First time I've spotted good phones in the wild!

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #5,301 of 12,415
2-3 Beats (does *anyone* actually wear these as headphones, because I only ever see them worn as neckbands).

And, for the first time, I spotted someone with a decent set of cans... I was so surprised that I stopped my conversation with the girl I was with so I could look. Then it became awkward, because the M50 was on a pretty girl, and the girl I was with started asking what I was looking at, and I said "Oh, just admiring her cans... first decent pair I've seen." Cue an awkward conversation about what I really meant, and what an "Audio-Technica" was. I don't know if I made my case better or worse that I was talking about headphones.

Still! First time I've spotted good phones in the wild!

I think it made you look worse, haha.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #5,305 of 12,415

Quote:
Im really not sure why people like those darn Skullcandies? Ive got this kid that sits right next to me, and i have not asked the question yet, but i dont get it.

It's probably because they are locally available in most stores (at least in the USA), they sound better than the standard iBud earbuds, and they are offered in "cool" colors. Personally, I find Skullcandy headphones to be quite ugly. I see about 2-4 Skullcandy headphones around my school campus every day.

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #5,306 of 12,415
Within last week:
guys: HD 238, K-518 white, SBC HP2000, MDR V300
girls: HD 205, K-518 red, Marshall, MDR 570 LP orange

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #5,308 of 12,415
Oh Finally found this thread again lol. So I decided to start paying attention to cans around campus but All I've seen is an avalanche of beats of varying sizes, especially solos (*shudder*), 1 pair of Skullcandy lowriders (Lol'd to myself )(sidenote- I used to own a pair of these and they didn't just leak sound, they flooded it out) and 1 pair of Sennheiser hd #unknown, I'm still learning so I wasn't able to identify the specific pair, either 558,518, or 650.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #5,309 of 12,415
A guy brought over some Audio Technica ADH700.  I never seen these before in person, and I got to try them.  They were freaking huge!  Yet, as soon as I put them on, it was like pillows to my ears.  The sound was overall good, just bass recessive though.  Overall they are amazing cans, especially for comfort.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #5,310 of 12,415
At my school:

-3 beats don't know what types all headphones though.
-Senn HD201
-Akg k81
-And these ones in a blue clam looking housing? Didn't get a good look but he doesn't seem like the friendliest person, so I didn't bother asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back