Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #5,041 of 12,415
a new student in one of my classes had what appeared to be westone 3's today, needless to say i was shocked. I'll have to do further investigation on monday.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #5,042 of 12,415
There's something that looks like Sonys and ATs smashed together... more likely Sony, but they're kinda weird looking.

There is in fact a somewhat famous fake Sony that has the A-T wings on it. I think Head-Fier jfunk actually bought one (willingly/knowingly).

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #5,044 of 12,415
Saw someone with Grado-type headphones walking at ucsc today. Model could be sr60i/sr80i/ms1, couldn't be sure since he was on the other side of the road and walking in the opposite direction. Still, that was my first sighting at college.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #5,045 of 12,415
On a trip to Germany over Summer (a related headphone-induced fiasco can be found here), I rode their U-Bahn systems often in the big cities. When in Hamburg, which was my main place of residence during the trip, I saw at least five different people wearing ATH-M50s over three weeks. There was also a large mix of Sennheisers, occasional AKGs, a few Beats, and a lot of style headphones from Sony and WeSC.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #5,047 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw 3 i didn't know what they were, along with the usual ibuds.
1 was green/black never seen them before and the dude busted me staring at them. lol
Another pair were black and blue some old guy had on the train
Full-size silver round pair that had a rubbery headband that broke into two bars at the top, maybe Bose?

Psssh.... sounds like skullcandies.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #5,048 of 12,415
Heh, a few Victoria-dwellers I see. Haven't spotted you folks yet, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. If you spot me, I'll either be using either the M50 or the Shure 215.

Meanwhile, all I've spotted are the iPod buds, the Beats (including some twerpy little bugger with the Pro), and the odd Skullcandy (part marks to the girl who had the Skullcandy Aviators... they do look kinda interesting).

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #5,049 of 12,415
It sucks being the only Kelowna dweller here. Anyways saw some bose in ears the other day. Tons of ibuds. I have noticed that spending $200 for headphones isn't uncommon or considered strange anymore.

Sep 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #5,051 of 12,415
yea there is one guy walking around campus with long hair and a beard with worn out grados. he has been for like 2 years now? haha. maybe ill see you around.

Quote:
Saw someone with Grado-type headphones walking at ucsc today. Model could be sr60i/sr80i/ms1, couldn't be sure since he was on the other side of the road and walking in the opposite direction. Still, that was my first sighting at college.

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #5,053 of 12,415
Someone in my class has Shure SE215s, a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
It sucks being the only Kelowna dweller here. Anyways saw some bose in ears the other day. Tons of ibuds. I have noticed that spending $200 for headphones isn't uncommon or considered strange anymore.

Well, the headphone market has come a long way. Next is getting people to spend their $200 on headphones that are actually worth the money...

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #5,054 of 12,415

Quote:
Someone in my class has Shure SE215s, a pleasant surprise.

Well, the headphone market has come a long way. Next is getting people to spend their $200 on headphones that are actually worth the money...

I am not so sure i want that to happen. If there is demand prices will go up. Lets keep it a niche market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back