Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #4,816 of 12,415
Saw some black and green AKG's today on a photographer while crossing a bridge over the Charles, looked pretty interesting. Then, waiting for the train, there was a girl with an iPhone connected to what looked like a portable amp. Couldn't tell brand, but it was attached to some black IEM's. Are there any IEM's that need an amp?

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #4,817 of 12,415

Quote:
Saw some black and green AKG's today on a photographer while crossing a bridge over the Charles, looked pretty interesting. Then, waiting for the train, there was a girl with an iPhone connected to what looked like a portable amp. Couldn't tell brand, but it was attached to some black IEM's. Are there any IEM's that need an amp?

The Head-Direct RE1's but they aren't black.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #4,820 of 12,415
Ah! The chance meeting of kindered spirits!

Quote:
What just happened to me:

I'm standing in line at a UPS store (having just made a deal for a pair of my headphones in the Head-Fi Classifieds) and there's a guy in front of me who is putting mountains of tape on three boxes. He says two things to the attendant that intrigue me:

1) When asked for the address he uses the words "care of Google."

2) When asked how much insurance he wants he says "$600."

I asked him about the boxes, and he tells me that they're speakers that he's sending to one of his friends. I told him that I was in that store because I was shipping a pair of headphones I had sold. He asks me what kind they are. I flashed him the box (Ultrasone PRO 2900) and he got all excited. He said that Ultrasones' are nice, and that he has a pair of "Modified T50RP's. Wood cups. Also known as Thunderpants."

I told him that I was aware of that, and that I had just bought myself a pair of Hifiman HE-500's. He said that those are nice, and that if I'm "into headphones"  I should go to a website... "Head dash Fi dot org."  To which I respond "I am always on that website."

He told me that I was the first person IRL that he's met who knows of Head-Fi. I echo'd the statement. Then we parted ways.

Fate?

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #4,823 of 12,415
Finally saw customs on the bus today. Man, at first I noticed the braided cable, I thought "Hm. Must be Westones" then he turned around, and I realised that the earphones look WAAAY too big...

Then he turned again. Wait a sec. One side red, one side blue...

AAAAWWWWW

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #4,824 of 12,415
When I was in Myrtle Beach I saw a mentally dumb kid in a wheelchair with XB500 or 700 Couldn't tell. 

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #4,825 of 12,415
Not really a sighting on my part, but while I was in the mall last week, a woman kept kept double taking at me while she was walking away from me. This was presumably because I had my Ultrasone Pro 900s on to which she replied with an overly disgusted look. I mean, the headphones aren't that big... Come on...

I could not figure out what her problem was for the life of me.
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4,826 of 12,415
Some guy with weird looking Behringer headphones.

These were them.

Does anyone know how good these are?

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #4,827 of 12,415
HD280 Pros in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUf1bbMTa8

Pretty good song as well.

Quote:
Some guy with weird looking Behringer headphones.

These were them.

Does anyone know how good these are?

They retail for <$50, so I wouldn't expect much. They sure are lookers though.

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #4,829 of 12,415
Long shot.. but was this in Hong Kong? #23 bus? I take it everyday.
I have Westone ES5s, one side solid blue and the other solid red.
Braided TWspc aftermarket cable.

Quote:
Finally saw customs on the bus today. Man, at first I noticed the braided cable, I thought "Hm. Must be Westones" then he turned around, and I realised that the earphones look WAAAY too big...

Then he turned again. Wait a sec. One side red, one side blue...

AAAAWWWWW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back