Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 11, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4,696 of 12,415
I was also at London drugs the other day and noticed the same demo stand. The shures were decent, but when I saw those beats, my heart started the beats of nervousness LOL. I reached out for them carefully making sure nobody was watching me and thankfully they didn't work/were broken. I felt guilty even trying them like I was doing something wrong, which was the reason my heart was racing. Worried that someone I don't even know would see me. It was weird. Before this place it wouldn't have bothered me at all/ It was like I was betraying myself haha. I may walk up now and try again. It's like a train wreck it just has to be done.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #4,697 of 12,415

Quote:
I was also at London drugs the other day and noticed the same demo stand. The shures were decent, but when I saw those beats, my heart started the beats of nervousness LOL. I reached out for them carefully making sure nobody was watching me and thankfully they didn't work/were broken. I felt guilty even trying them like I was doing something wrong, which was the reason my heart was racing. Worried that someone I don't even know would see me. It was weird. Before this place it wouldn't have bothered me at all/ It was like I was betraying myself haha. I may walk up now and try again. It's like a train wreck it just has to be done.

I feel the same way. I occasionally slip on a pair at the Apple store. They haven't grown on me one bit 
wink.gif

Actually, that's an understatement. I have to resist the urge to throw them as far away from me as possible, and then quickly stuff the ER-4 in my ears to try and reverse any damage that might have been done to my ears 
etysmile.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #4,698 of 12,415

Quote:
I feel the same way. I occasionally slip on a pair at the Apple store. They haven't grown on me one bit 
wink.gif

Actually, that's an understatement. I have to resist the urge to throw them as far away from me as possible, and then quickly stuff the ER-4 in my ears to try and reverse any damage that might have been done to my ears 
etysmile.gif

im hesitant to put them on because im a metalhead and i hate rap. me putting on headphones endorsed by a rapper seems out of place.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4,700 of 12,415

Quote:
Beats are not this bad - not even close. 

While I usually defend Beats, coming from ER4's to a pair of Beats would be horrendous. I've tried going from a neutral pair (Brainwavz B2) of headphones to a bass heavy headphone (Beats) and the coloration difference is pretty gruesome, even to my usually forgiving ears.

Is it really that weird to have Cloudkicker and Sage Francis in the same playlist?

And saw a pair of HD201's on a cute girl. Still too awkward of a person to say hi.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #4,701 of 12,415
Quote:
And saw a pair of HD201's on a cute girl. Still too awkward of a person to say hi.

I'm still the kind of antisocial person who would have no urge to...

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #4,703 of 12,415
Jul 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #4,704 of 12,415

Quote:

You could have, but saying "Hey, nice pair" might have been misinterperted

i could see it now

Hello there, nice pair of cans.

biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #4,705 of 12,415
Quote:
I'm the kind of hormonal teen that...yeah.

I never had that either.  I don't know if that counts as being lucky or unlucky though...

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #4,706 of 12,415

Quote:

I never had that either.  I don't know if that counts as being lucky or unlucky though...

Probably lucky, because it's gotten me in trouble a few times. On the bright side, I got entertaining stories out of it...

Anyways...my sister tried putting some of my headphones on and I realized how ridiculous most of them look on tiny heads. One of the only things a melon-sized head like mine is good for is that I don't stand out too much when wearing a full sized headphone and don't get any obnoxious people asking what the heck I'm wearing. </nonsensical vain post>

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #4,707 of 12,415

Quote:

We also have a lot of PortaPro wearing people in Sweden, and I have heard it is common in Norway as well. Seriously, when going to work in Stockholm in the morning, a trip which takes about 1 hour of train and subway rides, I can on average see 5 or 6 PortaPros.
I have seen Beats 4 or 5 times since January. Sometimes I see Skullcandy, but it's no match for the PortaPro crowd. I prefer PX100, but I rarely see those...

family from Norway visited us, they had two pairs of PortaPro's.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #4,708 of 12,415
At Stern Grove in San Francisco last weekend, I saw someone walking around with HD-25's. 

Not sure if there are any SF Giants fans, but our radio announcer, Jon Miller, uses Sony 7506's and television color commentator Mike Krukow uses HD-25s as well. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #4,709 of 12,415
Bah..I sighted some Bose AE at my local Panera Bread, and also some Bose IE in a nearby Starbucks(both in/on people's heads, of course. =P)
It seems that my area is very Bose/ibud oriented. I'd like to see at least one SkullCandy just for giggles, but the only one I've seen is in my sister's possession.
triportsad.gif
And she is very sensitive to people giggling at her.

Quote:

You could have, but saying "Hey, nice pair" might have been misinterperted

Hahaaa.. How about, "I like your setup, but I think it could use some improvement." ;3

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #4,710 of 12,415

Quote:
family from Norway visited us, they had two pairs of PortaPro's.

Funny thing is, around 2004 the PortaPros were mostly the only headphone anyone used, I may have known a couple of people with a PX100 though. Nowadays, most people got Ipod-buds, WESC-cans, quite a few Beats and AKGs, mostly K450s and K518LEs. The AKGs are probably the easiest phones to get hold of, as a certain store chain (Spaceworld) seem to carry the brand.

Most "unusal" headphone I've seen must be a DT770 (probably an 80ohm Pro) on the street and a K240 on the metro. Could always count in a XB500 on the tram too, he was most certainly heard, both by music and chewing on some gum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back