Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #4,682 of 12,415

Quote:
hello all
in western canada we have a store called london drugs which has an extensive electronics department.
so i was there a few days ago getting my passport picture taken and i come across a headphone demo stand. at first on the one side it said tried before you buy and had a pair of beats by dre studios sitting there. i looked at them and said tisk tisk. (they look brand new like no one had touched them). then i looked at the other side of the stand and to my dismay some shure srh840 were sitting on the rack. beat up in ruff condition. much better used then the beats. obviously people trying these headphones were trying the shure headphones more. i wonder how many people listened to both and liked the shure much better. i know it wasn't on a person but it was quite a sight to see some respectable headphones on display that were well used. this gives me hope for humanity.

That or the Beats had recently been replaced because they broke again.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #4,685 of 12,415
I saw a kid with Skullcandy aviators a few days ago.  Hard to miss them as they're brown and gold and shine like crazy.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #4,686 of 12,415
Within last two weeks: HD477, SRH840, Marshall and girl with Paul Frank black Skullcandy. One day there was a curious situation: in the bus within the area of 1 - 1,5 square metre there was girl with black/green Skullcandy Hesh, boy with K-512 and me with MDR XB700.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #4,687 of 12,415
Is it just me or there was a higher incidence of decent headphones at Anime Expo in LA? Sure, cheap Skullcandies were everywhere, but I seem to have come across a fair number of decent cans too.

And this guy wearing AKG K 701s while waiting in line. Must be great hearing everything around you while listening to your music unamped.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #4,688 of 12,415

Quote:
Is it just me or there was a higher incidence of decent headphones at Anime Expo in LA? Sure, cheap Skullcandies were everywhere, but I seem to have come across a fair number of decent cans too.

And this guy wearing AKG K 701s while waiting in line. Must be great hearing everything around you while listening to your music unamped.

K-On fan? I think so.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #4,690 of 12,415

Haha, sure sounds like a K-On fan to me :p

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #4,691 of 12,415
saw a guy at AM2 con the same weekend as AX wearing some denon d2000/5000/7000 headphones, not sure which one as it looked like it had custom wood cups.

i didn't notice any nice headphones at AX.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4,692 of 12,415
this website is full of to many anime fans. im starting to feel these two hobbies blend together fairly well.

but why should i care. anime is awesome.

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4,693 of 12,415
Saw a guy putting on some Ultrasone Pro 900s at the Buffalo (NY) airport. I went to my concourse, which was about 100 feet away from where i saw him, to put my stuff down. When I walked back to where I saw him, to talk to him, I couldn't find him again :frowning2:

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #4,695 of 12,415
Picked up my girlfriend from Schiphol airport this evening. Saw a bloke with a pair of senns and some guy with..... you guessed it, Beats. Dont have experience on their sound, they look butt ugly to start with....
Oh, and a boatload of ibuds ofcourse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back