Headphone Sightings 2
May 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4,456 of 12,415
Aside from te regular beats (solo/pro/studio and some IEM) the last 2 days were good I saw a guy with Audio Technica I couldn't really tell which one it is. And another guy today with sennheiser 598.. pretty cool..

May 6, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #4,457 of 12,415
My friend let me go to her school, which is supposedly art-based. When I went into their computer lab, I saw a whole slew of M50s. I mean literally. The entire row of computers were paired with those cans.

Even better, when I went into the recording studio, I saw three pairs of HD800s, two LCD-2s and an Edition 8. I was in audiophile heaven man, and all this was in a secondary (in American money, high) school. *jizzface*

Only problem is, when I was walking out, most of the students were wearing Beats and/or Skullcandy headphones and in-ears. I guess teachers and students really are different after all...

May 6, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #4,458 of 12,415
Saw a dude in the subway wearing Sennheiser HD 555 while commuting to university.
The people around him looked pissed (wearing open cans in public transportation :3) while I was grinning with my Etymotic HF5 deep in my ears.

May 6, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #4,459 of 12,415
There's this japanese guy I saw today, with a pair of audio-technica EM-7's. You guys are right, they DO look good in the wild.

Also a friend of mine asked one of his friends for advice, and then bought a pair of audio-technica ATH M-50s. Excellent choice!

Evidently there's lots of A-T love here at VT. I, of course,  have a pair of AD900s that I adore.

May 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #4,460 of 12,415
Regularly ride the same train (Brussels => Kortrijk (Belgium)) as some dude wearing DT770's, he carries a rather large bag for his source so I'm guessing there's some sort of portable amp in there.
I always take place in the same wagon to try and see what kind of gear is in the bag, lol. Probably thinks I'm a stalking freak. Oh well.

Today I saw someone with HD598's hanging 'round his neck, was a bit surprised to see that some people use these on the go.

May 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #4,464 of 12,415

Quote:
There's this japanese guy I saw today, with a pair of audio-technica EM-7's. You guys are right, they DO look good in the wild.

Japanese people?

May 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #4,467 of 12,415
So I meet this guy Paul at a library to sell my ipod. We talked a little and then he asked if he can test it out. He pulled out his ibuds and I was like wow.... Yeah dude you need some better ear buds or IEM's. Then he was like yeah i know, i got some Shure's that I got for $150. Such relieving news =P no joke lol I'm assuming he has the Shure SE115M's

May 7, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #4,468 of 12,415

Quote:
My friend let me go to her school, which is supposedly art-based. When I went into their computer lab, I saw a whole slew of M50s. I mean literally. The entire row of computers were paired with those cans.

Even better, when I went into the recording studio, I saw three pairs of HD800s, two LCD-2s and an Edition 8. I was in audiophile heaven man, and all this was in a secondary (in American money, high) school. *jizzface*

Only problem is, when I was walking out, most of the students were wearing Beats and/or Skullcandy headphones and in-ears. I guess teachers and students really are different after all...

Arts school? SOTA?

Anyways, saw a guy walking around the mall with a pair of Grado RS-1i, powered by a SR71B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back