Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #4,006 of 12,415
That's what I'm saying, if you bump your thread up by posting in it, it will be at the top with all of the new posts. Just don't do it too much...

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #4,009 of 12,415
While cleaning out my friend's basement I found an old pair of AKG k240 Sextett LPs, I wasn't too surprised though since his garage is filled with VInyls and two turntables. His dad let me keep them as a thanks for helping 'em clean. :3

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #4,011 of 12,415

Not in high school anymore, but I rock my Pro 750s sometimes in a portable scene and get some questions. I feel I can get away with it because the 750s are ridiculously sexy, definitely head turners.

And oh man. I have so much fun showing off some head-fi sound to people wearing iPod buds. The face they make is just priceless. I've had a few cases where I had the exact song they were listening to on my player and just went 'Here, I have that song on my iPod. Have a listen.'

BACK ON TOPIC: Sighting wise, I haven't noticed anything too mind blowing, but I did spot some Senn 280s at a show I went to for SXSW.

EDIT: The more awesome part of this sighting were the custom pads he was rockin'. I was impressed.
Quote:
The only respectable headphones I've seen at my high school was one pair of KSC-75's. I normally sport my HD280's to school, and I brought my 701's and PINT amp to school once and people were really impressed my the sound.

A girl tried to argue with me that the size my HD280's was unneccessary but then I told her that she'd never heard them. pwn. There's such a public distate for anything other than iBuds or Sony phones.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #4,013 of 12,415
I saw everyday 4-12$ earbuds in people ears.... this counts?..... 
and i see me wearing sennheisers ie8, and i ask myself if i am the one with with a problem, or this world is blind, deaf and stupid..... for wearing earbuds included with players, and most of them beingin under 5$ section.....

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #4,015 of 12,415
I was watching TV with my mom, and a Chase Sapphire commercial came on that I had seen so many times. But suddenly, I noticed that one of the people in the commercial was wearing Sony XB 700s. I exclaimed and told me mom about it, but all she said was, "Wow..you're pretty crazy about that headphone stuff." XP..I guess it is kind of crazy how obsessed I am.

And at Starbucks, I saw some black circum-naural headphones that I couldn't recognize. They looked a little bit like Skullcandy aviators, except they were circular rather than triangular.
Other than that, I just saw some apple ibuds and cheap $10 headphones. It's rare to see people with headphones at all in my area.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #4,017 of 12,415
Our school is a rich kid school.
So far.
25 Monster Beats Studio
8 Monster Beats Solo
1 AKG k701 (fake, I saw them buy it at a market notorious for fakes)
1 SR60i
1 Koss PortaPRO (this and the SR60i are owned by the same girl)
Bose QuietComfort 3
Seinheiser CX300

I'm the only one who sports Audio-Technica (ATH-AD700) and Razer (Moray)

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #4,018 of 12,415
That sounds awful. Over 25 pair of Beats.
So far.
25 Monster Beats Studio
8 Monster Beats Solo
1 SR60i
Bose QuietComfort 3
Seinheiser CX300

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #4,019 of 12,415

Quote:
So far.
25 Monster Beats Studio
8 Monster Beats Solo
1 SR60i
Bose QuietComfort 3
Seinheiser CX300

Lock it down.

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #4,020 of 12,415

Quote:
That sounds awful. Over 25 pair of Beats.

Quote:
So far.
25 Monster Beats Studio
8 Monster Beats Solo
1 SR60i
Bose QuietComfort 3
Seinheiser CX300

believe it or not but the most common headphones i see at my school are beats by dre. for example i have seen at least
20 beats tours
10 beats jams or whatever they are called
4 beats studios
3 beats solos
and luckily i have seen no beats pros.
i saw a pair of headphones that said vibe on them
i saw some headphones that look like skull candy aviators but were round and black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back