Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #3,212 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
Saw a pair of HD448's today. I was going to talk to him, but the kid looked slightly insane.

LOL....

No seriously! Like he had messy hair, sideways glasses, and was talking (not singing) to himself...and he had a saber (fencing meets are a trove of headphone sightings actually. A lot of kids have some money, but most of the sightings are Beats and such.), so I figured it was best to leave him alone.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #3,214 of 12,415
Saw some today which were full-size white headphones with a red "9" (or was it "6") on the ear cups and an "AI" or "AT" on the headband. They looked kinda like something a gamer would wear. Anyone know what I'm talking about? A google search turned up nothing.

EDIT: Upon further review, I located the headphones. They are a signature series skullcandy G.I. headphone for Andre Iguodala, who plays on the Philly 76ers. how disappointing.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #3,217 of 12,415
i swear unless my eyes were decieving me i saw a guy walking around with portapros at my school this morning.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3,218 of 12,415
I saw an older gentleman (maybe 60+ years old) in Costco yesterday sporting a pair of Westone 1s. I'm not familiar with the 1 so I was confused at first: It was clearly Westone but it didn't have the red "3" logo that I'm used to. I had to google it later to see that the 1 has a green "1" logo.

I don't know how well I could shop with that much isolation and music playing. But he had a full cart so apparently it wasn't a problem.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3,219 of 12,415
Quote:
it only had a coed coming out of one side and i am pretty sure they were oval shaped ear cups.

i need to see this.  NEED.

To contribute, I think the thing here is to sport the Apple stock buds.  On the train, I notice about half the wearers with these, some with IEMs of assorted origin (I'm not great at identifying these yet), and very few with full cans.  I am certain I have not seen any nice cans yet: no AT, no AKG, some Best Buy-grade Sony etc., some WESC, some Beats.  And this is three years of train commute to DTSF and all parts of the city.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #3,220 of 12,415
I got blindsided last week. I was wearing my SRH440 in the undergraduate library (UGL, yo!) and waiting for my friend to show up when I saw a guy wearing an intriguing pair of headphones. From a great distance the black, ovoid cups with chrome detailing made my heart leap. An SRH840? Here? No way! As he started walking closer, I tried my best to inconspicuously look at his 'phones. When he was about twenty feet away I figured it out.

Bose. Darn it. Probably an AE2.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #3,225 of 12,415

Quote:
For the past week I've seen:

1 M50
few portapro
about 10s of HD201 < is there something I'm missing? Are senn becoming more mainstream now?

no...because everybody wants full sized phones because they've suddenly become stylish due to the monster phones/skullcandies and 201's go for about $12-15 so they're very cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back