Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 19, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #3,136 of 12,415
I am severely disappointed in my school. Seems like all I see are the usual suspects. Although, about half the students are sporting the Panasonic RP-HTX7's and JVC gummies because you can buy them in the bookstore and charge them against your financial aid.

The kid next to me in STATs class at least had Bose OE's that he thought were pretty good. I showed him my ATH-ES7's and I could tell he wanted to try 'em out. But class was starting and I had to pay attention. Statistics is hard.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #3,138 of 12,415
The weird thing is, I'm pretty much taking your guys' word for it that the Beats are as popular as you say... I've never once seen Beats in public.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #3,139 of 12,415
Quote:
The weird thing is, I'm pretty much taking your guys' word for it that the Beats are as popular as you say... I've never once seen Beats in public.

Do you live in a big city? I see Beats everyday. I see them in the morning as I take the train to work and when I go home. I see them on my weekends, I see them when I'm on vacation, and I see them where ever I go when I travel.

The thing is. I can't get away from them.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3,140 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

Do you live in a big city? I see Beats everyday. I see them in the morning as I take the train to work and when I go home. I see them on my weekends, I see them when I'm on vacation, and I see them where ever I go when I travel.

The thing is. I can't get away from them.

you poor thing. well don't you worry, you're safe here

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #3,141 of 12,415
Saw some Beats Pros today relatively up close and man those things look nice, too bad about them being over priced as hell. Also saw some Solos and Solo HDs, but nothing of the audiophile variety today :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #3,142 of 12,415
I saw a girl yesterday wearing some on ear phones that didn't have a model written on them. They were red and black with a Y style red ribbon cable. Wasn't sure what they were but they didn't look super quality.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #3,143 of 12,415
A few pairs of bose on campus, lots and lots of skullcandy, and thankfully few beats. What I see the most of (other than ibuds and the like) are actually low end sony cans (mdr-v150, etc). Sony markets heavily in this area though, and in most big-box stores, half the available headphones are sony.

Roommates friend was knocking my SR60 woodies yesterday, but what can you expect? At some point I'll suggest he listen to "Welcome to the Jungle" on them, and then he'll change his mind.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #3,144 of 12,415
saw a guy on the train with what I thought were a new and exotic pair of headphones.    They were just metal trimed high tec ear muffs with buds underneath.  

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #3,145 of 12,415
goth chick in the train: pink Skullcandies
my classmate: Sennheiser HD202
other dude from school: Sennheiser HD595

that's about it, for today. cool thread! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #3,147 of 12,415

Quote:
I'm on a college campus, so Beats.

Beats everywhere.

I seriously see at least half a dozen of them every single day, without fail. Mostly solo, but a few studio and pro.

Same, on campus and in the student village, I see beats. I have a friend who used to wear his whilst walking to lectures every day. That was before the Pros came out though.

Today I saw someone waiting at a bus stop with custom IEMs and what looked like an iBasso. Pink forms so they could have been westone :D

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #3,148 of 12,415
i saw the powerbeats today. which are just 170 bucks for exercise headphones. i saw lots of the sony xb series, as well as some of the sennheiser over ears that have what looks like rims over them.  i also think i saw a pair of westone in ears. they had a really curly cord, it was pretty thin. the interesting thing was there was an anchor or something red like that on it

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #3,149 of 12,415
I have never seen anyone with beats. I did see a pair of PortaPro's at school the other day, though. It was my first headphone sighting ever.

I had SR80i's on and I looked at her with 'Oh... You've got those.. That's nice I guess'.

I'm turning into a smug elitist a-hole, as it turns out. And I'm loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back