Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2,761 of 12,415

Quote:
Not to continue with the off topic topic but, I really want to bring my whole setup, once I get the Asgard, to school with my lappy and just watch peoples jaws drop. 

Meh, they care about the Beats more than your tin box. :D

Someone brought some plastic headphones with horrendous colours in class and we had an argument over whether they were good. I asked him to name one good brand. He named Monster...

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #2,763 of 12,415
I CONVERTED ONE!!!!!!!

Yeah, this kiddo thought Skullcandy's were legit. He is getting the NuForce NE-6. Small but a convert nonetheless. My high school is only large enough for one audiophile evidently. 
blink.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #2,764 of 12,415
Alto of people at work sport IEM's alot and I guess I'm the sighting around work because I went from MDR-XD200's, to MDR-V6's , to MDR-CD480's, to ATH-FC700s. My friend had a Sansa Fuze player at work and he had the Sony IEM's and I put my FC700s in his Sansa and he almost ran out the door with my headphones. I really don't have time to bring out the rockboxd e260, but my Iphone 3GS will suffice that way I don't have to have too many things in my pocket, and I don't miss any phone calls.

A few months back I got stopped by some dude at the pawn shop who wanted to buy my XD200s. I was like they 19.99 on Amazon.

then a few weeks ago I saw the Skullcandy TI headphones on a chick when riding the bus, they seem to match her attire to the T

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #2,768 of 12,415
I let my friend try my K240s this morning and the best thing he's been able to say was "wow, the pads really keep my ears warm!" I went like "Ok, but how do they sound?" "Oh, sound, yeah, uhm...yeah, it's good..."

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #2,769 of 12,415

Quote:
I think skull candy had a sale, over half the kids in my school suddenly have low riders :/ and they keep saying the have "new kick ass headphones and don't know why anyone would get anything else"

:barf:   those are the worst skullcandy headphones too.    i don't know why anyone would say they kick ass, since they have no bass at all.   i know, strange for skullcandy.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
chinesekiwi said:

then why don't you give them a listen to your headphones......
or buy some much better earphones at the same price and let them try that

that can be a problem with iems.   i'll let people listen to them, but there's just some people i don't wana share earwax with.
tongue_smile.gif
    like the beats wearing a-hole that laughed at my m6 and called them hearing aids.
mad.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #2,771 of 12,415

Quote:
I went to a lamps store and I found this:

Define "found".
wink.gif

That said, saw some Skullcandies these days. Usually I don't even see headphones.
I walk around all the time with D-33 in hand, listening to either Coppers or EW9's. Once my "The Fisher Golden Jubilee Series Studio-Standard Compact Disk Player PCD-100"* gets here, I can probably transplant a battery base (old Sony EBP-somethin' that should come with the Fisher) and go around with that. Or maybe I'll just bring a PSU.
Days ago, a Sony noise-canceler on the bus. Not "good" headphones.

*Yes, it has that long a name. And yes, that's DisK.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #2,772 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
I went to a lamps store and I found this:

Define "found".
wink.gif

LOL!!! I did not take them with me... They were on a table and I wasn't expecting to find them on a lamp store... don't even know what brand they are, didn't wanted to touch them.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2,774 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
The only way to beat the skullcandy/beats is to show them Phiatons :p  Anyone who is bought Skullcandys just shopped for style.

and marketing. Lots of Audio Technicas are stylish and sound good.

.yep

spotted a girl with an es7 the other day in my math class. my jaw dropped and i almost went up to talk to her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back