Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 15, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #901 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
right.. so i went to meet my sis at LSE in london. on my way i see many, many sonys. got on tube i met a multitude of ipods. then i reached he room. she wasn't there, but guess what i saw. her room-mate had a pair of grado GS1000 hooked up. and my sis never told me about these. so i stayed the next few hours listnin to them, while her roommate did some random work. in total i think i talked for 5 secs to my sis, the headphones were worth the trip.

Right.. Are you sure that's all you did alone with your sister's roommate for those several hours?
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #902 of 12,415
Just saw a pair of Grados when grabbing my lunch at the Dalhousie Uni cafeteria. Most likely a pair of SR-80s or SR-225s, since they had a pair of bowls on them. Couldn't see a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, so probably SR-80s.

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #908 of 12,415
Headphone sighting today!

On the bus leaving campus, I looked toward the back for an empty seat when I got on before noticing one in the front and sitting down. But something caught my eye right as I looked away: someone toward the back of the bus was wearing Grados! I couldn't tell from where I was sitting which model they were (probably SR60's because the pads didn't look as big as the other models, but again, it was hard to tell from where I was sitting).

I know it isn't terribly exciting compared to some of your sightings, but there's only about 4000 students at my school and it's the first decent pair of headphones I've seen anyone else wearing in public.

Apr 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #911 of 12,415
I saw a pair of Grados at school today! I was so happy. Plastic type with bowls. Plugged into an ipod, so it was probably an SR80 or 60/w bowls. I couldn't believe my eyes.

It's the first hifi headphone I've seen at my campus.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #912 of 12,415
I see two fellow commuters on my train with Sennheisers. One uses the HD280, the other the HD 25-1.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #913 of 12,415
well,

When I was working the other day a costumer came in listening to music. When I walked by I noticed those weren't normal buds and they immediately drew my attention. And for a very good reason! When I checked from another position I saw that he was wearing Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB's!!

Firts time I've seen another person with high-end IEM's!

And I saw a girl walking around with Ultrasone PL-750 on her head a few weeks ago. But I know her and she's the only Head-fier I met in person.

greetz

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #914 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I saw a girl walking around with Ultrasone PL-750 on her head a few weeks ago. But I know her and she's the only Head-fier I met in person.

Gotta love Girl-Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back