Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 14, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #661 of 12,415
I remember when I used to go see my ex I would see this girl on the 6 train heading from 96th st to the Bronx with E5's and ER-4's and an Iriver (HD100) I think it was and she was good looking to boot. We always would have that staring thing going but unfortunately I was with some one at the time and didn't want to approach her. If you're here speak up.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #662 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mush77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question - what kind of business did you start up in high-school that managed to become solvent?

I managed investment portfolios for my friends, which eventually lead to friends' friends and even parents. Now I do it at a more professional level in college and I work part-time for JP Morgan (Chase) in the summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by galupo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember when I used to go see my ex I would see this girl on the 6 train heading from 96th st to the Bronx with E5's and ER-4's and an Iriver (HD100) I think it was and she was good looking to boot. We always would have that staring thing going but unfortunately I was with some one at the time and didn't want to approach her. If you're here speak up.

Hahahaha! Point proven! Good looking girl -> unobtrusive IEMs
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #663 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I managed investment portfolios for my friends, which eventually lead to friends' friends and even parents. Now I do it at a more professional level in college and I work part-time for JP Morgan (Chase) in the summer.

Hahahaha! Point proven! Good looking girl -> unobtrusive IEMs
tongue.gif

is that you in your avatar?

Jan 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #665 of 12,415
when i was in highschool, there was this kid on the bus, and he always had a px100 on him while listening to his nano... and then i always saw this other kid in the library with portapros.. this was when i was a new member of head-fi

Jan 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #666 of 12,415
I was just on a snowboarding trip in Mammoth and saw a lot of guys with full size skullcandy's. I'd never even heard of them before. And of course tons of white ibuds.

A couple of the guys with my group actually work in the music industry (dj and pro-sound type shop) so I was thinking they might have good ones, but one used stock ibuds and the other had the Bose IEMs. Nobody even noticed my Westone's (which might be a good thing!)

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #668 of 12,415
yesterday in the subway a guy walked up to me and asked what kind of phones i was wearing. i told him e4c, and then he took out his er4p's from his bag.

oh and i saw two pairs of customs last week, both in the subway.

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #669 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a guy walking on College St. in downtown Toronto the other day wearing what I believe were Grado SR325s (ie. not SR325i). I don't know of any other Grados that have a non-gold metalic cup and a button. Surely that was someone from here.

Could have been an HP1000 but I can't imagine anyone taking those outside.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #671 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that you in your avatar?

No, that was Kristin Kreuk. But I just updated my avatar and it really is me now =P

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #674 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by trip221 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just on a snowboarding trip in Mammoth and saw a lot of guys with full size skullcandy's. I'd never even heard of them before. And of course tons of white ibuds.

A couple of the guys with my group actually work in the music industry (dj and pro-sound type shop) so I was thinking they might have good ones, but one used stock ibuds and the other had the Bose IEMs. Nobody even noticed my Westone's (which might be a good thing!)

That brand has plagued snowboarding culture. I spent 2 days last week in Salt Lake City and it seemed like every kid my age was wearing some type of Skullcandy around their necks.

I spent most of December at Grand Targhee and teton village though, and those communities are much more detached from this new trend. There are a lot of day-traveler high-schoolers from Boise that go to Targhee, and a good number of them have these clip on cans that fit on the ear flaps of their helmets. I wouldn't know who makes them though. At teton village I don't think I saw any kind of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back