Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 2, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #646 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound card sounds like an Echo Indigo, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, or Digigram VXpocket v2.

Don't think it was any of those, if I remember correctly it looked like the board was exposed and it had a little led on it.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #647 of 12,415
A kid (16-17 years old) wearing Porta Pro's when I dropped by the local petrol station earlier today.

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #650 of 12,415
There's a dude in my manufacturing techniques class who regulalrly brings a well worn set of dt770 pro's to school. While another guy in my Product design class has a set of the Panasonic RP-HTX7's.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #651 of 12,415
many people's got PX100/200 at my school (Northeastern University), even saw 2 professors walking around with one on before

Jan 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #652 of 12,415
there's a dude that used to walk around with a pair of grado sr-60 or 80s, around the library at umass, haven't seen him lately though. occasionally i see grados on the pvta bus, but mostly the same ipod buds

Jan 11, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #653 of 12,415
I saw a guy with a pair of Audio Technicas while I was in Toronto.

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #656 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only respectable headphones I've seen at my high school was one pair of KSC-75's. I normally sport my HD280's to school, and I brought my 701's and PINT amp to school once and people were really impressed my the sound.

A girl tried to argue with me that the size my HD280's was unneccessary but then I told her that she'd never heard them. pwn. There's such a public distate for anything other than iBuds or Sony phones.

As much as I love being a semi-audiophile, I really can sympathize with girls who don't like big headphones... they look ugly in public. As a female head-fier who came from a family that most would consider pretty wealthy, I am fine with big cans at home or in my dorm, but I would NEVER walk out with one on.

Yes, I'm one of those girls that most people would consider preppy and snobby on first sight. Aka: $400 Manolo Blahnik shoes, $1000 Gucci handbags, and $200 Docle & Gabbana jeans. I started a business in high school to fund my spendings after my parents stopped buying me anything except school related things after middle school. But back to the topic; if I care about my looks and fashion and I am willing to spend thousands of dollars on them, there's no way I'm going to go ruin it with some huge headphones like Sennheiser HD600s (I love them at home) when I'm out.

In addition to being all of the above, I'm also a classical music player and lover. Thats why I started on a long journey for good in-ear phones that eventually lead me to the UE-10 pros, which I probably won't replace for a while.

Those of you who love big headphones (me included), please don't take offense in my post, I'm merely trying to give some logic as to how most girls think about these things.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #657 of 12,415
Walking around the campus, I have seen mostly bose, panasonic noise cancelling, ipod buds, and the sony clips or behind the head headphones. A lot of people go to the bookstore to buy the $2 earbuds they sell.

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #658 of 12,415
There seem to be a whole lot of Sony MDR V150s or similar around the UBC campus than anything else (except the standard ipod earbuds), although I have seen one person wearing HD595s and a few others with some really, really big Sony cans.

Jan 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #659 of 12,415
I saw a guy walking on College St. in downtown Toronto the other day wearing what I believe were Grado SR325s (ie. not SR325i). I don't know of any other Grados that have a non-gold metalic cup and a button. Surely that was someone from here.

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #660 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I love being a semi-audiophile, I really can sympathize with girls who don't like big headphones... they look ugly in public. As a female head-fier who came from a family that most would consider pretty wealthy, I am fine with big cans at home or in my dorm, but I would NEVER walk out with one on.

Yes, I'm one of those girls that most people would consider preppy and snobby on first sight. Aka: $400 Manolo Blahnik shoes, $1000 Gucci handbags, and $200 Docle & Gabbana jeans. I started a business in high school to fund my spendings after my parents stopped buying me anything except school related things after middle school. But back to the topic; if I care about my looks and fashion and I am willing to spend thousands of dollars on them, there's no way I'm going to go ruin it with some huge headphones like Sennheiser HD600s (I love them at home) when I'm out.

In addition to being all of the above, I'm also a classical music player and lover. Thats why I started on a long journey for good in-ear phones that eventually lead me to the UE-10 pros, which I probably won't replace for a while.

Those of you who love big headphones (me included), please don't take offense in my post, I'm merely trying to give some logic as to how most girls think about these things.

Quick question - what kind of business did you start up in high-school that managed to become solvent?

I saw someone wearing E2cs in Melbourne when I was there a while ago. And saw the E2cs and E3cs on sale at Harvey Norman, along with some Koss phones (including The Plug). Didn't know they sold those things there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back