Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 5, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #618 of 12,415
Saw Grado SR-80 At Simon Fraser University. Was a fellow dressed in red hoodie with jeans, he always always text messaging on his cell the whole time I waited at the bus loop at top.

Interesting enough SR-80 and L and R silver part was black, the only silver remaining was the PRESTIGE lettering

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #619 of 12,415
Well I saw myself with some Bose triport OE, but that was at Circuit City and I was bored.. Somebody MUST have seen me with my KSC-75's when i was trick or treating..

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #621 of 12,415
went to the Craftsman Truck Series race this weekend, of course there was tons of those non-discript over-the-ear phones people get with their scanners, but saw one guy with BOSE over-the-ears plugged into his scanner. and also saw... ibuds? at a truck race? yikes... personally, i used my UM2's with complys and listened to the radio broadcast thru my iriver
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #622 of 12,415
actualy that reminds me... i went to the Watkins Glen Vintage Festival. and sat behind a couple wearing what looked like UE-10s with the plugs just hanging down their backs. may not have been UE-10s (couldn't see them very well)but they were clear acrylic and had a cord just like the UEs, maybe a ER4 that was clear???

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #623 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Genius.

I suggest the two pointer fingers touching at an arc with the thumbs down to make the headphone cups.

i like the sign language for H and F, basicly point at fellow Headfier with 2 fingers(the H sign), then come up and give the "acknowledgment wave" with the F sign

quick, simple, and looks like your "in the know" to other people
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #624 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know DC Metro is quieter than most, but I measured with a SPL meter one day and was amazed just how loud it is.

I didn't see you. I wouldn't unless you were on the orange line during rush hour.

really.. man im new to this place and the DC metro just moots my ipod earphones to the point of being a *ahem* fashion *cough**cough* accessory... new closed headphones are much better though
smily_headphones1.gif

i also saw a guy using sr60 on the dc metro, fancied asking him can u even listen the music.. but dint want him to see my ipod earphones hanging frm my neck at that time...
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #625 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With that thing they better be loaning out amps, too...

Yeah you'd think so, right? Nope.

I saw someone in my school's library last night with the giant Koss closed phones, don't know the model number.

Everyone on metro has "Coby" portable cans that came with their portable cd players, and they play them on maximum volume.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #626 of 12,415
Nothing much in Mexico City... The usual mixup of Sony supraaural, IPod earbuds, occasional Philips/Aiwa/Panasonic supraaural or circumaural headphones, and that's it.

Folks get really proud of the white earbuds, sometimes returning haughty gazes on the "old-looking" K-240S.

Though the other day there was this guy sitting in a Starbucks cafe, wearing what looked like a Sennheiser HD-25 around his neck.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #627 of 12,415
Eh, I've never seen anyone that looked like he was wearing some quality 'phones.
And everyone I've seen at my school (I'm a HS student) is either wearing the stock buds from Apple or some cheap JVC buds or something. I've never seen any canalphones, and especially not IEMs. Everyone I've talked to about my UE Super.Fi 3s thought the retail price was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back