Oct 27, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #166 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
just saw a girl with sr-60s, didn't get my "nice cans" reference though
blink.gif

Haha, you are a brave man.
580smile.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #168 of 12,415
I am sure someone here has seen the Gieco commercial on tv. The one with the lady that has had here 2 cars flooded and the "professional announcer" behind her. He has on what looks to me like older beyers "brand name blacked out of course" or maybe some senns. Anyone know what they are?

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #169 of 12,415
I was in the computer/electronics section of the student bookstore a week ago and noticed that they sell PX100s there. Curiously, I've never actually seen anybody wearing a pair.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #170 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86
I was in the computer/electronics section of the student bookstore a week ago and noticed that they sell PX100s there. Curiously, I've never actually seen anybody wearing a pair.

How much were they selling for? The PX100 cost around 65USD in the UK.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #171 of 12,415
One of these days I should wear my K340's out... only if I can find a portable amp beefy enough...

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #172 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
How much were they selling for? The PX100 cost around 65USD in the UK.

I think they were only around $40 USD... but I could be totally wrong, I can't remember for sure. Next time I'm walking by I'll drop in and double check the price.

I was just at Target buying a vacuum cleaner and I saw that they carried E2Cs and E3Cs (which were sold out)... I'd never seen those there before. (And while I was driving to Target and stopped at a light, some guy wearing Triports crossed right in front of me... they're everywhere now, I swear)

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #173 of 12,415
Saw some guy walking by City Hall Park with Shure E500's, two students at Pace University, one with a pair of px250s and a girl with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-Pro5's (the camoflage ones), and I saw a guy at the South Ferry with a pair of Beyers, but I don't know which ones they were.

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #174 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
I got told on numerous ocassions at my last job that my AKG K26P's were huge lmao....So I decided to wear my Sen HD485
basshead.gif
needless to say I think they get the drift on what is big and what isn't...

Yeah, I got told by several people at work that I was a moron for spending $400 on a pair of IEMs [UE triple.fi 10 pros LE].
Perhaps it wasn't so much the liking of good sound quality as opposed to not knowing which check was going to be cashed first, the one for the triple.fi's or my rent.

etysmile.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #175 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86
I think they were only around $40 USD... but I could be totally wrong, I can't remember for sure. Next time I'm walking by I'll drop in and double check the price.

I was just at Target buying a vacuum cleaner and I saw that they carried E2Cs and E3Cs (which were sold out)... I'd never seen those there before. (And while I was driving to Target and stopped at a light, some guy wearing Triports crossed right in front of me... they're everywhere now, I swear)

I guess Shure is starting [or has been for awhile] selling to commercial outfits like Bose does. But seeing anything higher than the e2c at a place like Target is just pathetic. Anyone who would KNOW about quality IEMs wouldn't be making their decisions based on a freakin' target price tag!!

Edit: Maybe not so much "wouldn't" as "shouldn't", since they obviously do if they were sold out.

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #176 of 12,415
Apart from the usual, I saw this girl with HD555's around her neck (and she was pretty hot, too)! I'm not brave enough to wear my HD555's about campus
biggrin.gif
. I saw another wearing clear e2c's with those awful yellow foamies, who then proceeded to take them out and just leave them on the desk in class. I wouldn't let something touch one of those desks and then put it right back in to my ear canal, thats for shure (sorry, but it was too good, far too good, to not take advantage of. I promise, never again
eek.gif
).

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #177 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
I guess Shure is starting [or has been for awhile] selling to commercial outfits like Bose does. But seeing anything higher than the e2c at a place like Target is just pathetic. Anyone who would KNOW about quality IEMs wouldn't be making their decisions based on a freakin' target price tag!!

Last night I was at target and they had Shure E2c and E3c's there for sale where they sell iPods. This is VERY good news, even if only a few people buy them. Better headphones for all! The rest of Target's headphones SUCK.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #178 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach
Apart from the usual, I saw this girl with HD555's around her neck (and she was pretty hot, too)! I'm not brave enough to wear my HD555's about campus
biggrin.gif
. I saw another wearing clear e2c's with those awful yellow foamies, who then proceeded to take them out and just leave them on the desk in class. I wouldn't let something touch one of those desks and then put it right back in to my ear canal, thats for shure (sorry, but it was too good, far too good, to not take advantage of. I promise, never again
eek.gif
).

Actually, that reminds me of a girl I saw wearing a pair of HD555 around her neck about a week ago too! That was on Prince's Street in Scotland though...

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #180 of 12,415
I saw one pair of grados on campus, mostly sony, ibuds, and a veritable horde of assorted scullcandys, I don't understand why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back