Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #181 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMF2010
Saw some guy walking by City Hall Park with Shure E500's, two students at Pace University, one with a pair of px250s and a girl with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-Pro5's (the camoflage ones), and I saw a guy at the South Ferry with a pair of Beyers, but I don't know which ones they were.

You actually saw someone with a pair of E500?! He's probably an audiophile. No one in their right mind apart from an audiophile would spend $499 on a pair of headphones...

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #182 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazee_bass_turd
Also saw someone with iGrados. They don't look as ugly as y'all were talkin about.

I wore my iGrados on campus yesterday, so it was probably me!

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #183 of 12,415
******* people...u live in places where people have respect for their ears...

here my im716 seems to be the best headphone around outside, nothing to say about hd595...

EVERYONE HAS IPOD BUDS. (and 2 friends have sony iems)

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #185 of 12,415
Quote:

Were you in front of Centre Hall at around 2:45?

How do the iGrados sound, btw? I'm contemplating getting a pair.

Hmm, guess it wasn't me then. I was already off campus by 2:30 on Friday (but on Thursday I would have been somewhere around Centre at that time since I have two classes in a row there).

The iGrados sound great! I can't compare them directly to SR60s, since the only other Grados I've heard are 225s, but I think they capture the Grado sound signature very well. Instrument separation is spectacular. Though they don't isolate at all, which causes a problem to listening at a normal level while sitting on the shuttle.

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #186 of 12,415
Hmmm, saw a guy with a pair of QC3 on campus. He looked pretty proud of himself rocking to his muddy music. :p QC3 retails for $459.99 in Canada. With 14% tax in Ontario, that's a whopping $524.40 for a pair of crap phones. I wouldn't be proud of myself if I spent that much on a pair of headphones with the sound quality worse than the KSC75 (<$20). :/

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #187 of 12,415
Recent Toronto area sightings, mainly around Union Station and up Bay Street to City Hall:

Lots of iBuds
Lots and lots of Sony phones (v700s and those massive $40 XD200s)

Nothing too interesting, although I keep seeing this older Asian man wearing Grado SR80s, and I saw a guy on the GO train the other day with Sennheiser HD555s (might have been 595s, didn't pay attention to the grilles), listening through a DAP and what appeared to be a fairly nice looking DIY amp.

By the way, if you ever see a guy with SR225s linked to a Hornet>ALO Cryo>iPod combo, be sure to say hi!

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #188 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86
Hmm, guess it wasn't me then. I was already off campus by 2:30 on Friday (but on Thursday I would have been somewhere around Centre at that time since I have two classes in a row there).

The iGrados sound great! I can't compare them directly to SR60s, since the only other Grados I've heard are 225s, but I think they capture the Grado sound signature very well. Instrument separation is spectacular. Though they don't isolate at all, which causes a problem to listening at a normal level while sitting on the shuttle.

Cool. I haven't had much experience with Grados, and I don't care much about isolation. I'm gonna go buy them right now.

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #191 of 12,415
Quote:

How does it compare to the KSC75s?

Straight out of the box, I found the iGrados to be fairly similar in sonic structure to the KSC75s, except with much tighter and detailed midrange and superior lower end. After only a few hours of burn-in, they started sounding much different than the KSC75s and more like true Grados with even more detail in the mids and tight and punchy bass.

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #192 of 12,415
in the boise area, all you see are ibuds, sony V150's and the middle aged man with QC3's.

also, if you see anyone in the area with a zen touch with a pa2v2 and grado's
its probably me
smily_headphones1.gif
so say hi and talk with me

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #193 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86
Straight out of the box, I found the iGrados to be fairly similar in sonic structure to the KSC75s, except with much tighter and detailed midrange and superior lower end. After only a few hours of burn-in, they started sounding much different than the KSC75s and more like true Grados with even more detail in the mids and tight and punchy bass.

Awesome, I've yet to have cans with a nice oomph in the low end.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #194 of 12,415
Please take this with a grain of salt, as I only spent 10 minutes with the iGrado in a noisy store, using an iPod with songs of questionable compression and straight from the headphone out... but I would warn you that to me, the bass produced by these headphones, while tight and punchy, yes, was extremely exaggerated.

I will be buying a pair shortly to replace my SR225 as a portable can (gotta get the 225's Headphiled. It'll be my Christmas present to them
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
), so it should be noted that I really liked them for sheer fun factor - especially if you want bass in quantity... but an accurate headphone this is not.

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #195 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Please take this with a grain of salt, ... the bass produced by these headphones, while tight and punchy, yes, was extremely exaggerated.

Hmm. I wonder how the iGrado's compare with the ksc35's vis-a-vis the kcs75's... bass is the big difference I remember there.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back