Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 26, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #12,121 of 12,415
You'd be surprised. Some people even use ciems while riding on their bikes.

I know people do this with motorcycles.  Seems like a good excuse to blow a ton of money on ciems for "hearing protection" 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #12,122 of 12,415
I used to wear IEMs on my bike (bicycle and motorcycle) until they got stolen. The isolation is no better than being in a car with the doors and windows closed. Its safer than you think, we have side mirrors and necks too, we're not completely unaware of our surroundings when we wear IEMs. Cars that blast their music on the other hand will kill other people in the event of a wipeout because of distraction. Bikers most probably die alone.

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #12,124 of 12,415
I do listen to music while cycling myself. One IEM in the ear, the other out and put the input to mono (important step when listening with just one ear). Seems safer to me at least!

Aren't you afraid that you might have worse hearing in one ear and better hearing in the other ear because of that?

On topic, im going to a headphone meet later. Should I report back on the stuff there? :joy:

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #12,125 of 12,415
Aren't you afraid that you might have worse hearing in one ear and better hearing in the other ear because of that?

On topic, im going to a headphone meet later. Should I report back on the stuff there? :joy:

I thought you said you weren't going? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Now I won't even know who you were even if you went.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #12,126 of 12,415
I thought you said you weren't going? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Now I won't even know who you were even if you went.

I was going to be in orchard area on the same day and since my friend was also going, I asked him to do the payment for me :sweat_smile: since it wasn't much of a hassle I popped by for a while however I had to leave rather early to fetch someone from the airport. Was in such a hurry I left my IC with the security guard haha. You probably would know me from there :joy:

Ooh and on topic, I saw someone with a black JH CIEM with a white 4 cored ( I think ) cable at orchard MRT. don't think he went for the meet.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #12,127 of 12,415
I was going to be in orchard area on the same day and since my friend was also going, I asked him to do the payment for me :sweat_smile: since it wasn't much of a hassle I popped by for a while however I had to leave rather early to fetch someone from the airport. Was in such a hurry I left my IC with the security guard haha. You probably would know me from there :joy:

Ooh and on topic, I saw someone with a black JH CIEM with a white 4 cored ( I think ) cable at orchard MRT. don't think he went for the meet.

Eh, were you the guy in the checkered shirt? With your ciems dangling from your ears?

Also, to stop this thread derailing, on my way back I saw some westone w30.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #12,128 of 12,415
Eh, were you the guy in the checkered shirt? With your ciems dangling from your ears?

Also, to stop this thread derailing, on my way back I saw some westone w30.

Nah that was my friend haha. I was the guy in black shirt with white lightning bolts and black denim Bermudas.

To stop the thread derailing, I too shall detail my sighting. I saw a very rare sighting of a TDK IE800. I don't think many people actually bought them so they're relatively rare. Still not as rare as my sighting of a kaede tho hahaha

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #12,129 of 12,415
Nah that was my friend haha. I was the guy in black shirt with white lightning bolts and black denim Bermudas.

To stop the thread derailing, I too shall detail my sighting. I saw a very rare sighting of a TDK IE800. I don't think many people actually bought them so they're relatively rare. Still not as rare as my sighting of a kaede tho hahaha

Oooh, TDK IE800? Saw one just the other day on the bus. Plugged into an X5 i think.

Btw I was the guy in the khaki pants and white shirt. Yes. The teen.

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #12,130 of 12,415
Lol consider yourselves lucky, here in Israel you can only see Beats, Apple Earbuds and no-name headphones, sometimes maybe Skullcandy or AKG. I got a half hour adrenaline rush after spotting someone with the Sennheiser Momentum on ear. I suspect that's the case because of high prices and low availability- for example the Momentum over ear can cost you 1400 NIS, or 370 USD, and that's the lowest price I found. I use the Audio Technica ATH-M40x at home, and Bose QC15 outdoors.

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #12,131 of 12,415
  Lol consider yourselves lucky, here in Israel you can only see Beats, Apple Earbuds and no-name headphones, sometimes maybe Skullcandy or AKG. I got a half hour adrenaline rush after spotting someone with the Sennheiser Momentum on ear. I suspect that's the case because of high prices and low availability- for example the Momentum over ear can cost you 1400 NIS, or 370 USD, and that's the lowest price I found. I use the Audio Technica ATH-M40x at home, and Bose QC15 outdoors.

But AKG is good.

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #12,132 of 12,415
Was riding the bus to work this morning.  Noticed this student (assumption) wearing a pair of B&W P5s.  Not my first time seeing him, but sure made me all giddy with excitement.  Then this girl sits down next to him wearing a pair of Beats Solo and I couldn't help but frown and turned away in disgust.  Most of the way to the university, I noticed him turn and look over at the girl and do a double take.  Then he slowly (exaggerated?) turns back and stares out the window a again.  Thought I saw a slight shake of his head.  Was too timid to ask him for his impressions on the P5.  I might try the next time I see him.  :)

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #12,133 of 12,415
  Was riding the bus to work this morning.  Noticed this student (assumption) wearing a pair of B&W P5s.  Not my first time seeing him, but sure made me all giddy with excitement.  Then this girl sits down next to him wearing a pair of Beats Solo and I couldn't help but frown and turned away in disgust.  Most of the way to the university, I noticed him turn and look over at the girl and do a double take.  Then he slowly (exaggerated?) turns back and stares out the window a again.  Thought I saw a slight shake of his head.  Was too timid to ask him for his impressions on the P5.  I might try the next time I see him.  :)

That's pretty funny.  Chances are they were just a gift and his negative reaction to the beats was a coincidence.  Too late to ask now!

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #12,134 of 12,415
  That's pretty funny.  Chances are they were just a gift and his negative reaction to the beats was a coincidence.  Too late to ask now!

Haha, I suspect his reaction to the Beats were genuine. After all, who would not wrinkle their nose at the sight of a pair of Dr Dres happy headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back