Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #11,657 of 12,415
well lemme see... I'm in an openly gay relationship, I use headphones that nobody has heard of, use a windows phone, listen to a bunch of music genre's nobody my age listens to... Yep. Pretty different.

I'm about 2 of that: Headphones, and old music (Cliff Richard and The Carpenters, anyone?)

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #11,658 of 12,415
+10000

Though I have had a few friends understand amps and stuff, and most/all can see the difference between my headphones and cheaper ones.

All my friends (but one) (sigh) understand why "good audio" is important.

The ONE ODD ONE is like "I don't care about that stuff.". I'm usually like "Ok. Whatever." but one time I decided to back my case. I basically said things like "why watch videos in 1080p when 360p is good enough, "why do you need an iPhone when you can just get a cheapo", "why build a gaming PC when 1 fps is good", and a bunch of other crap. Then he bashed me.

I even tried to get him onto different headphones other than his gifted Beats Pros (which I presume is fake because they don't come in blue) like the M50. I told him the price and he said they were to expensive. Them I may have lost it and went on a rant about his $1000 iMac and how $120 for headphones is worth it. And about a week ago (lol) me and my other friends talked about headphones that are good and cheapo for $20 (super starter audiophiles). Then one of my friends said something a little disrespectful about Beats and my non-audio friend said "I use Beats....". Then we just ignored him for a little and I continued my brain washing, I mean knowledge. Well, he's a stubborn one.

I did have someone that I really converted into audiophilla. (Friend Zone!) She was actually looking into the HD 518 and the M50 as we'll as the HyperX Cloud headset. And I told her to get a FiiO e07k which I called a "Magic box".

You win some you lose some, I guess.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #11,659 of 12,415
  I'm about 2 of that: Headphones, and old music (Cliff Richard and The Carpenters, anyone?)

LOL The Carpenters will show up 10x more than any artist if you look up the top 40 charts from the 70s.  Not really my cup of tea though.

Do 12 year old even listen to EDM at all but me and a select few ( 2 in my class do.)

Hahaha if you want to be one of the really "weird" 10-15 year olds you need to listen to classical!  Someone started some thread with "Yes, I was one of those weird kids that listened to classical in middle school"  so this kind of rang a bell 
biggrin.gif

Jazz, folk, bules and funk are probably the "weirdest" genres that I enjoy a ton of.

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #11,661 of 12,415
  Back on topic, DT770s here?

I'm not quite sure what I just watched...

Got to try out a friend's V-Moda Crossfade LP 2 the other day. He's not an audiophile, but thought they looked cool (I agree). I never realized how small the earcups were; still very comfy, and sound was good.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #11,662 of 12,415
Saw 5 pairs of beats. :\ the studio2, solo HD, two powerbeats2's, and one solo2.

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #11,663 of 12,415
Hahaha if you want to be one of the really "weird" 10-15 year olds you need to listen to classical!  Someone started some thread with "Yes, I was one of those weird kids that listened to classical in middle school"  so this kind of rang a bell :D

Jazz, folk, bules and funk are probably the "weirdest" genres that I enjoy a ton of.

Classical...
Soundstage...

I'm in!

I have some random FLAC files of classical music for some reason. I have to take a listen.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #11,664 of 12,415
Classical...
Soundstage...

I'm in!

I have some random FLAC files of classical music for some reason. I have to take a listen.

Classical is good, though not my favorite genre. What I really love that's related is stuff like the Warcraft/World of Warcraft Soundtracks. I'd recommend them for someone who wants something more exciting than most regular classical.

Was walking alongside the only other audiophile at my school today, him with M50s and me with the SRH440. I've got other friends, one with a Crossfade LP2 and Soundmagic E30s; we need to form a group of audiophiles at my school and get some more people interested. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #11,665 of 12,415
Classical is good, though not my favorite genre. What I really love that's related is stuff like the Warcraft/World of Warcraft Soundtracks. I'd recommend them for someone who wants something more exciting than most regular classical.

Was walking alongside the only other audiophile at my school today, him with M50s and me with the SRH440. I've got other friends, one with a Crossfade LP2 and Soundmagic E30s; we need to form a group of audiophiles at my school and get some more people interested. 
huehue... Get the rich kids in... Next thing ya know you'll be seeing some high end portables.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #11,667 of 12,415
huehue... Get the rich kids in... Next thing ya know you'll be seeing some high end portables.

I'm one of about probably three non-rich kids in my town (exaggeration), my friend with the M50 is trying to get a FiiO E7 and some sort of open headphones (he mentioned Grados today); seems like he's spending quite a bit but getting a bunch of stuff instead of a single high-end headphone. Speaking of high-end portables, I might get a Shure SE425 this spring with the money I've saved up, and use it with a FiiO X1.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #11,668 of 12,415
high end portables- can find them anywhere...its not like there's gonna be people suddenly bringing their Stax and co. to school.
I'm talking like B&O H6's and stuff costing possibly more than that. 400+$

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #11,669 of 12,415
Quote:

If you want something "more exciting than most regular classical" you just need to find the right conductors. At least that's my experience.
For example. If you want to listen to Bach, I recommend Karl Richter, Trevor Pinnock, Jordi Savall, or Glenn Gould.

Now that I think about it, there should be a discussion board for conductors somewhere here.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #11,670 of 12,415
  Quote:

If you want something "more exciting than most regular classical" you just need to find the right conductors. At least that's my experience.
For example. If you want to listen to Bach, I recommend Karl Richter, Trevor Pinnock, Jordi Savall, or Glenn Gould.

Now that I think about it, there should be a discussion board for conductors somewhere here.

Thanks for the recommendations; I'll search those up tomorrow. I haven't searched around classical much, having been preoccupied with finding/searching around some metal stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back