Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #11,461 of 12,415
Not exactly a gear sighting, but a person sighting. Just had dinner with someone I was helping move stuff, and we started talking about technology. Turns out he worked for a popular English audio company called "Audio D-something," can't remember the last word. He built speakers that won an award and helped build turntables. He also designed one of the first devices that allowed the 8-Track not only to go in the machine, but go into the machine, move downwards and attach to the player. Really awesome to talk to him; he also worked on some of the first cellphones and worked on early modern computers as well.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #11,462 of 12,415
I work at Quiznos, in roughly the most hipster and hippie (yes more then portland, and the hippie type who get excited about a new tent they found and are now staying in) town, its hard to buy non-organic things here............

So you can imagine we get all types of people in through the store. A guy about 20 years of age walked in, some ratty looking clothes, I notice his iPod classic, and his Sennheisers (that unmistakable sennheiser shape) he had around his neck. I commented on them, he says he's not from the area and is traveling so he only brought his "beater" headphones as he didn't want to ruin his nice ones. 

As it turns out his "beater" headphones were the tan coloured 598s. His ones he left at home are 650s O.o

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #11,463 of 12,415
A girl in my Comp Sci class wears Beoplay h6 whites, and another scrawny guy usually brings Monster DNA's to class. There's also this dude in my math class who wears Superlux Hd668b's during work periods. I don't really talk with any of them so I've never really asked

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #11,464 of 12,415
liamstrain
Capable. But capable ain't good enough when you're spending like 1k or more buying them. The sad thing is that 1) it was noisy then as it was crowded and the staff were too lazy to move him somewhere quiet. 2) the staff were too lazy to direct him to the many amps they have on display and to demo

On topic, I have surprisingly seen a pair of the new westone WX0 series iems. A bronze coloured one. Looks eerily similar to the bronze W60 used in local ads for a headphone shop. Perhaps it is haha

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #11,465 of 12,415
@liamstrain
Capable. But capable ain't good enough when you're spending like 1k or more buying them. The sad thing is that 1) it was noisy then as it was crowded and the staff were too lazy to move him somewhere quiet. 2) the staff were too lazy to direct him to the many amps they have on display and to demo

On topic, I have surprisingly seen a pair of the new westone WX0 series iems. A bronze coloured one. Looks eerily similar to the bronze W60 used in local ads for a headphone shop. Perhaps it is haha

So the guy told you guys that he doesn't have an amp at home?

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #11,466 of 12,415
Ugh my account seems to be glitched.... can't seem to quote ppl's quotes. Each time I hit quote, it quotes a very old quote by fnkcow...

No he did not say anything to anybody. Just consulted the jaben crew and his girlfriend. My basis for saying he is dumb is that he is literally centimetres away from many good amps of the same calibre and yet never touched any.
It's simple. I do not bring my X5 to a headphone shop and simply plug a hd800 into it. I make use of the shop's amps to make sure I am allowing it to reach its full potential before buying it. Obviously if I had no idea what amps are and why I should use one to get the best out of my headphone, I wouldn't use an amp to demo the headphone. I hope that's clear enough for everyone to understand and that I do not need to derail the thread anymore.

If that person that I saw was you and you feel offended, I am truly sorry. Just making a casual remark of the top of my head.

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #11,469 of 12,415
OMG. Thanks bro! That actually worked! My home page, quoting and new posts page has been stuck in the past for 2 or 3 weeks and you've solved it! Thanks
wink.gif

Yeah. A lot of other Head-Fi'ers had this same problem. There was even a thread of it here.
From my experience, though, the fix is rather temporary and comes back randomly. Lately though, I haven't had this error for over a week.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #11,470 of 12,415
Yeah. A lot of other Head-Fi'ers had this same problem. There was even a thread of it here.
From my experience, though, the fix is rather temporary and comes back randomly. Lately though, I haven't had this error for over a week.

Yea hasn't happened since I cleared my cache but ill still cross my fingers.

On topic, my friend bought an a jays five.... and he let me listen to it... not a headphone sighting id wanna see yknow... my friend being ripped off by a jays

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #11,471 of 12,415
On topic, my friend bought an a jays five.... and he let me listen to it... not a headphone sighting id wanna see yknow... my friend being ripped off by a jays

Meh - there are worse phones you can get for the same price. At least the Jay's don't typically tangle up as much as most. That alone is nearly worth the $100. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #11,472 of 12,415
Meh - there are worse phones you can get for the same price. At least the Jay's don't typically tangle up as much as most. That alone is nearly worth the $100. 

They cost 150+ here hahahaha.. He could have bought the Fischer Audio Eterna v2 for 100+ plus it'd be good for his EDM. Yes I don't know how he does it. He has listened to solely EDM for the past 5 or 6 years.i am amazed.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #11,474 of 12,415
Yea hasn't happened since I cleared my cache but ill still cross my fingers.

What one get for not checking Head-Fi or any other review site before buying a new gear :p

Agreed, the A-Jays Five is not impressive for the price but the A-Jays Two is. I gave my Jays Five to my brother's friend and she seem to find it OK.

Anyway, my brother got a pair of UE4000 for 18 pound only and he love it except for the comfort. Can't think of any better choice at his limited budget that matches his needs, (stylish, portable, branded, sound good to me).

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #11,475 of 12,415
So far last month has been pretty dry for headphone sightings, only managed to see a blue M50X, couple of Sonys and about 3 or 4 SE215s. Guess them big guns have all been left at home, after all, I only ever take out my IM50s. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back