Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #10,892 of 12,415
  You're missing out on the nutella. That's funny because the same thing happens to me. People do not understand the concept of open headphones. I would expect more from a doctor though rather than a 16 year old high schooler. 

Oh god, I had Nutella once (awesome stuff, but that's how I found out I was allergic to hazelnuts).

On another note, among the sea of beats and ibuds I saw an Asian guy with what looked to be M-Audio Q40's with orange innards.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #10,893 of 12,415
I see many people with the B&W P5 these days.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #10,894 of 12,415
Is there a way to check if youre listening to music too loud? I use closed headphones and IEMs, and everyone says they can hear my music and it's too loud. I enjoy it loud though, but how loud will hurt my ears?

Don't want to scare you but you might want to get your ears checked..

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #10,897 of 12,415
  Oh god, I had Nutella once (awesome stuff, but that's how I found out I was allergic to hazelnuts).

On another note, among the sea of beats and ibuds I saw an Asian guy with what looked to be M-Audio Q40's with orange innards.

Ha, that sucks. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #10,898 of 12,415

Yea... if people complain about your IEM's are too loud, might be something wrong. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #10,900 of 12,415

If people can hear your IEMs there's a problem, I'd wager. Especially if it's everyone. 

Yea... if people complain about your IEM's are too loud, might be something wrong. 

Oh, I worded that really poorly.

What I meant was, usually in class I listen to music with just one iem in (in case if i need to hear the teacher say anything) so the other bud is just playing around, and some of my friends will tease me about my music because they can hear it from the bud out of my ear.

I just wanted to know if there was some kinda chart or program or something, that tells you appropriate listening levels

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #10,901 of 12,415
Oh, I worded that really poorly.

What I meant was, usually in class I listen to music with just one iem in (in case if i need to hear the teacher say anything) so the other bud is just playing around, and some of my friends will tease me about my music because they can hear it from the bud out of my ear.

I just wanted to know if there was some kinda chart or program or something, that tells you appropriate listening levels

Oh hey you're a fellow Seattle-ite! Are you planning to go to the Bottlehead meet? :)

To answer your question, yes there are charts out there.
decibel_exposure_chart.jpg

niosh_osha_standards.png

decibel-chart-ear-plugs.jpg

NoiseGuage.jpg

You can approximate the volume you're listening to with a decibel meter. If you use iOS, 10th Decibel works okay.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/decibel-10th/id448155923?mt=8

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #10,902 of 12,415
Yep! That app is pretty accurate but not the most accurate and reliable as sometimes, I could tell it is overestimating the decibel while sometime the opposite. Just point the phone mic (at the bottom) to the earphone to measure it xD try keeping it around 60-70dB IMO

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #10,903 of 12,415
Oh hey you're a fellow Seattle-ite! Are you planning to go to the Bottlehead meet?
smily_headphones1.gif

To answer your question, yes there are charts out there.
decibel_exposure_chart.jpg

niosh_osha_standards.png

decibel-chart-ear-plugs.jpg

NoiseGuage.jpg

You can approximate the volume you're listening to with a decibel meter. If you use iOS, 10th Decibel works okay.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/decibel-10th/id448155923?mt=8

Okay, thanks! I'll keep those charts in mind c:

I live in Sammamish, so kinda close to seattle... but not actually close to seattle... if that makes sense...
Maybe next time if i have a car 
bigsmile_face.gif
 It sounds like fun!   pun intended

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #10,905 of 12,415
Spotted a guy watching an iPad, using a set of Sennheiser hda 200's on the train in San Francisco. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audiometers-high-frequency-testing-closed-dynamic-ear-protector-headphones-hda-200
They look pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back