Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #10,848 of 12,415
I saw a 6th grader at my K-8 (I'm in 8th) with some TMA-1s. I didn't go talk to him because I don't like the guy (he picked a fight with me randomly), either way, he probably didn't even know what headphones he was using.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #10,849 of 12,415
  audiophile is a tricky term. Even many users on head-fi are hesitant to say they are with some reason. I've seen lots of head-fiers saying "I'm not a real audiophile, but I think...". On the other hand, some random people with crap headphone claims to be audiophile.

I had a roommate call himself an audiophile. He likes to think very highly of himself. Yet he has zero headphones and I'm pretty sure he didn't even have speakers. He still helped me try and explain to my other roommate why beats are crap but. I have a pair of magnums, and have gone through an array of headphones, yet I don't even consider myself an audiophile...

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #10,851 of 12,415
  I had a roommate call himself an audiophile. He likes to think very highly of himself. Yet he has zero headphones and I'm pretty sure he didn't even have speakers. He still helped me try and explain to my other roommate why beats are crap but. I have a pair of magnums, and have gone through an array of headphones, yet I don't even consider myself an audiophile...

Technically speaking, an audiophile is a person having an ardent interest in stereo or high-fidelity sound reproduction. And high-fidelity means the reproduction of sound with little distortion, giving a result very similar to the original.

So I can't really say that I myself am an audiophile, since I prefer colouration. But still, I know I love listening to music and care how your audio gear brings out the awesomeness in your music track. :)

In other news, I saw a M100 on the way to school. Wohoo!!!

And also saw a Ultrasone DJ1 Pro while listening to let it go covers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxh29luJtg

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #10,852 of 12,415

Technically speaking, an audiophile is a person having an ardent interest in stereo or high-fidelity sound reproduction. And high-fidelity means the reproduction of sound with little distortion, giving a result very similar to the original.

So I can't really say that I myself am an audiophile, since I prefer colouration. But still, I know I love listening to music and care how your audio gear brings out the awesomeness in your music track. :)

In other news, I saw a M100 on the way to school. Wohoo!!!

And also saw a Ultrasone DJ1 Pro while listening to let it go covers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxh29luJtg

Huh. I've never seen anything which can be considered audiophile quality here at TP. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #10,853 of 12,415
There's an M50 prominently featured in some commercial for a medication marketed towards middle-aged women here in the States. I'd link to it, but I can't remember what it was.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #10,856 of 12,415
  There's an M50 prominently featured in some commercial for a medication marketed towards middle-aged women here in the States. I'd link to it, but I can't remember what it was.

I think I saw it yesterday!

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #10,859 of 12,415
Half of my university is hooked on Beats unfortunately :/  I've seen some SOL Republic, some Sony cans, as well as some JVC XX...  Seen one guy with a pair of M-100s last year, not sure what happened to him though XD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back