Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #10,576 of 12,415
Anybody else seen the ESPN guys covering the Aussie Open? Are those amperiors w/ a boom mike?

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #10,578 of 12,415
HD-25 variant that I don't remember the name of.  All the cool cats on sports broadcasting have them lol

EDIT: HMD-25 I is what they're called apparently 

Ah okay

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #10,579 of 12,415
If you're going to quote someone who posted a whole bunch of full-sized photos, you should at least put them in a spoiler. XD

Anywho, the T5p is labeled as an "audiophile" headphone? It sounds okay but nowhere even near "audiophile" in my opinion. The bass was fat and loose-sounding, the treble harsh, and the midrange a bit shouty, which is good for vocal monitoring like the Sony MDR-7506, which is 5 times cheaper.

.......holy schiit, never mind. The T5p is freaking $1000+????? That's 10 times the price of the MDR-7506.
Super sad face...

From: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT5p.pdf

I guess the [in]famous Tesla drivers don't do it justice. :/

Well beats are labeled as audiophile.....

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #10,580 of 12,415
Saw a guy (probably a student) walking around Gainsville (near UF), Florida wearing PortaPros. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #10,583 of 12,415
At least get the spelling right - audiophail. :p

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #10,584 of 12,415
At least get the spelling right - audiophail.
tongue.gif

jus cos u dunt hev da beets an i do! h8er!

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #10,588 of 12,415
The door is that way, and you can show yourself out

Forreal though, this is what some people i know that own the studios do lol

You remind me of why I don't hang out with them xD

I usually call it "autobreak" "autophile"

Get back to topic!
I kind of miss seeing my girl - best friend's earphone... Cheap but they sound surprisingly good xD

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #10,590 of 12,415
It's been a really stressful (and tiring) 60 hours, but throughout the my trip I've seen some good headphones. Sadly, I've been having some trouble with Wi-Fi so I couldn't type quickly since I have to make do with my phone. That, and I can't write bulleted lists...
Any unidentified headphones (unless brand is identified), as well as Beats Studios, Solos and Solo HDs (except the latest models) will be excluded.

At the Pudong-Shanghai International Airport, I found:
● B&O BeoPlay on-ear (forgot model name)
● Beats Wireless
● Sony on-ear
● Bose wireless headset

On the plane bound for Hong Kong, I found:
● Marshall Major
● Parrot Zik

In the Hong Kong International Airport, I found a store called Empire(?) Audio with these headphones:
● Denon D7100
● Ultrasone Edition 12
● FAD (Final Audio Design) Piano Forte
● Sony MDR-1R
● iRiver DAPs

(All above are for sale and have pics which I'll post below. The rest don't have pictures and/or are spotted on heads.)

● Sennheiser HD 598, Momentum On & Over-Ear (for sale without pics)

● Sol Republic IEMs
● HD 202(?)
(On a head.)

I didn't find anything on the plane to Cebu (which is obviously where I am now), so I'm going to skip to the hee and now. I found a Sony store, which had a PS4 up on display, as well as the MacBook Air-fighting Vaio Pro 13. As for headphones, I found:
● MDR-1R and NC variant
● XB 600? (Forgot the name, but it's the X-Factor headphones without the X-Factor name on them)
● XB60EX and 90EX
● Some of their cheaper (and crappier) IEMs.

I was able to demo the 1R (not the NC) and the 90ex. Sadly I don't have pics since my Wi-Fi sucks. Bummer, but the Piano Forte was a hell of a find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back