Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #10,547 of 12,415
  I would like to give props to the AKG marketing staff though. Back when the episode aired, the 701 was selling for 74,900 yen (~US$750) or more: genius marketing in place! If other audiophile companies did this (especially Sony with their convenient Japanese origins) I bet sales would skyrocket.

That's what some otaku would to do get their hands on 'celebrity'-endorsed goods 
k701smile.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #10,548 of 12,415
Isn't he from Monstercat?

Not that I know of, unless his name comes up in this:
http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2013/08/misterwives-interview-mandy-lee-opens-up-about-the-bands-quick-ascent/

From the interview:

"Originally Misterwives had three members—Mandy, Etienne and William but in the last few months they have adopted three additional members—Marc, Murph and Dr. Blum."

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #10,549 of 12,415
  That's what some otaku would to do get their hands on 'celebrity'-endorsed goods 
k701smile.gif

LMAO 
eek.gif

That's awesome. Though I can't understand a thing on that box, I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "as seen on K-ON" on that box somewhere. 

Meh, I'd rather get the Q701. They say it's (slightly) bassier and takes a step back from "God-Mode" (says MLE).

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #10,550 of 12,415
Plenty of lower grade kids wearing Beats Studios and one with the Beats Mixrs. (Their parent's pockets must be hurting) A pair of N-Tunes, a Bose QC15 and, to my surprise, a pair of B&W P7 o.o

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #10,556 of 12,415
Meant "lower grade" as in middle schoolers (lol), since I'm in my last year of high school.

I actually knew what you meant, but was the w/ the P7 a middle-schooler too? Just sayin'.
Know a fellow high schooler (junior I think) who has an MDR-7506...which I recommended to him. Later, his younger brother bought a Sennheiser HD201. 
Successful conversion since he used to have PowerBeats (whcih are now broken with a busted left driver, XD).

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #10,558 of 12,415
  LMAO 
eek.gif

That's awesome. Though I can't understand a thing on that box, I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "as seen on K-ON" on that box somewhere. 

Meh, I'd rather get the Q701. They say it's (slightly) bassier and takes a step back from "God-Mode" (says MLE).

I've never actually tried any of the AKG cans before because they've never really caught my eye, but seeing how people would buy it at such a mark-up just for the endorsement factor made me blanch a little 
biggrin.gif

Get back to me when you have loli Grados. *Cue hair flip

Senpai pls

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #10,560 of 12,415
I actually knew what you meant, but was the w/ the P7 a middle-schooler too? Just sayin'.
Know a fellow high schooler (junior I think) who has an MDR-7506...which I recommended to him. Later, his younger brother bought a Sennheiser HD201. 
Successful conversion since he used to have PowerBeats (whcih are now broken with a busted left driver, XD).

I got what you meant after posting xD The P7 was indeed a Junior, and I've put my grain of sand by recommending a lot of Koss PortaPros as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back