Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #10,516 of 12,415
  A Sennheiser HD800 at an Apple Store. The dude was listening to it straight from iPods and iPhones, and was treating it without care :/

I was just standing there with my Sony EX1000's in, staring at him in jealousy...

Oh how I longed to bring that baby back home, treat it with care, clean it up real nice, give it a case and a wooden stand, and feed it some nice DACs and Amps. :'(

That...that's just sad. You coulda just went over and talked to him. I wonder how he managed to get reasonable listening levels with an unamped iPod, though? I mean, the HD800 IIRC has massive impedance (300 Ohms, or 600?), so it would be really hard to get any sound outta them. He probably has really, really sensitive ears.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #10,517 of 12,415
Like a man chasing a woman who isn't treated right in her current relationship.

This is an odd community. In a great way.

Or a employer who does not know how to get the most out of their employees xD

Why not just let him listen to your Sony. Maybe he find yours better and more portable maybe you guys can trade xD if he agree to exchange, that would be the best trade ever in Head-Fi history :D

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #10,518 of 12,415
saw 1 or 2 momentums lately, and lots of k518.
best sighting so far: yesterday i spotted a guy with dt770pro on the subway in vienna.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #10,519 of 12,415
  That...that's just sad. You coulda just went over and talked to him. I wonder how he managed to get reasonable listening levels with an unamped iPod, though? I mean, the HD800 IIRC has massive impedance (300 Ohms, or 600?), so it would be really hard to get any sound outta them. He probably has really, really sensitive ears.

I had some 600-ohm monsters at one point that could be driven quietly from a Sansa Clip. It was incredibly muffled and battery-draining, but it worked.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #10,520 of 12,415
Or a employer who does not know how to get the most out of their employees xD

Why not just let him listen to your Sony. Maybe he find yours better and more portable maybe you guys can trade xD if he agree to exchange, that would be the best trade ever in Head-Fi history
biggrin.gif

Only if.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #10,522 of 12,415
Even Jesus loves Phaeleh! I'm not sure what he was driving his 650s out of. While sleeping, I tried to have my X3 showing so if he passed by to go to the washroom he'd see it. Also, to make it apparent that my WooDuo2s weren't Beats (silly red, flat cable).

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #10,523 of 12,415
A girl at work has a pair of white M-100's with gold shields. I was a bit surprised, but then I saw that she had the cable plugged in the wrong way (the angled plug was plugged into the headphones, and the end that's supposed to go in the headphones was plugged into her laptop) so obviously she was no audiophile. As it turns out, her ex gave them to her as a gift, and it was the last pair they had at the Apple Store in Square One. I guess the Apple Store stopped carrying V-Moda after that (at least in Canada).

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #10,527 of 12,415
Are these the Monster DNAs? They aren't half bad actually.

Yep, they're the DNAs. Despite making you look like you're from the 30th century, it sound pretty good, if not decent. My memory fails me.
I remember listening to the Inspiration once, and without looking at the price tag, I recall it sounded pretty good. Despite it looking classy, I don't see it looking as classy as, say, B&W's P5.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #10,528 of 12,415
The DNA has a similar sound signature to the TMA-1, if I recall correctly. Not my cup of tea, but respectable. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a pair, but I understand why people who like a warm, DJ-type sound would.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #10,529 of 12,415
  The DNA has a similar sound signature to the TMA-1, if I recall correctly. Not my cup of tea, but respectable. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a pair, but I understand why people who like a warm, DJ-type sound would.

I hold a grudge against the DNA due to this one jerk who kept making fun of me for not having one, and instead, using my Rock-It R-Studio. He equated that since mine don't get as loud as the DNA, they're obviously inferior. 

*Sigh*

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #10,530 of 12,415

I hold a grudge against the DNA due to this one jerk who kept making fun of me for not having one, and instead, using my Rock-It R-Studio. He equated that since mine don't get as loud as the DNA, they're obviously inferior. 

*Sigh*

That brings up a valid point. The only person I know who ever had one is an all-around terrible guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back