Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 15, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #10,502 of 12,415
o.0

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/950170-129/as-expected-movement-to-boycott-beats

I'm a Seattlite and I don't like Beats by Dre, but this commercial.....no, just, no.

Down with Beats! LOL.
The commercial was f'd up, yeah. But boycotting Beats? Priceless. Just priceless.

Hmm, considering that Beats has ANC, what about Bose's renowned QC15? They have one of the best (if not the best) ANC circuits in headphones.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #10,504 of 12,415
     It might sound crazy, but I saw this Chinese construction worker (hard hat, dust-coated uniform and all) pedal by on his pretty dusty bike. I noticed him because he was pedalling pretty hard despite him not going that fast (probably gearless), so I took a closer look. Seems he was wearing Beats Tours...most likely the fakes. But if they were the real ones...ROFL

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #10,505 of 12,415
I love when active NC commercials feature the cancelation of human voices prominently, despite the fact that those sounds are what NC circuitry is the worst at blocking out.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #10,507 of 12,415

The new Bose QC20 does a remarkable job on human voices when compared to traditional NC phones - much better than the QC15.

In-ears are a different matter, though, because most tips block out human conversation fairly well without help from electronics.

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #10,508 of 12,415
  In-ears are a different matter, though, because most tips block out human conversation fairly well without help from electronics.

In the case of the QC20, that isn't really it. Their tips aren't really isolating like most IEMs as they kind of rest in the entrance of the ear canal. It's really a difference in the NC circuitry which is pretty amazing given the challenges of non-steady state noises blocked. If you are ever near a Bose store or have any other means to give them a try, I highly suggest it just for the experience even if you aren't interested in NC phones.

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #10,509 of 12,415
Late post-christmas headphone sighting updates..

as expected, LOTS of new headphones around my school.

In addition to what I normally see...

1 Sol Republic Master Tracks
2 Sol Republic Tracks HD
1 Generic Bluetooth headphone
2 Beats Studio 2013
1 Beats Studio Original
1 Beats Wireless
5-7 Beats Solo HD (One of them the new drenched in color models)
1 JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-M55X
3 Skullcandy Crushers 
1 Skullcandy Aviator
1 Skullcandy Uprock
1 JBL J88
2 Monster N-Tune

Less new beats than last year.. thankfully

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #10,513 of 12,415
  A friend of mine recently bought some TMA-1 DJ's. I tried them out........not bad at all...

I've always found the TMA-1 too warm to the point of becoming muddy, but to each his own.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #10,514 of 12,415
A Sennheiser HD800 at an Apple Store. The dude was listening to it straight from iPods and iPhones, and was treating it without care :/

I was just standing there with my Sony EX1000's in, staring at him in jealousy...

Oh how I longed to bring that baby back home, treat it with care, clean it up real nice, give it a case and a wooden stand, and feed it some nice DACs and Amps. :'(

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #10,515 of 12,415
  A Sennheiser HD800 at an Apple Store. The dude was listening to it straight from iPods and iPhones, and was treating it without care :/

I was just standing there with my Sony EX1000's in, staring at him in jealousy...

Oh how I longed to bring that baby back home, treat it with care, clean it up real nice, give it a case and a wooden stand, and feed it some nice DACs and Amps. :'(

Like a man chasing a woman who isn't treated right in her current relationship.

This is an odd community. In a great way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back