Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #10,397 of 12,415
But the thing is, I have yet to see any audio store in Paris and Lyon. Yet there's so many great headphones!

So that implies you're in France right now. That's pretty neat.

Speaking of sightings, I saw a pair of Beyers (Dt250 maybe) on a student's head as I went home from school, as well as a Sennheiser HD202 on another.

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #10,399 of 12,415
But the thing is, I have yet to see any audio store in Paris and Lyon. Yet there's so many great headphones!

Then You haven't seen the audio-technica store near the pyramid square (I think thats what it is called). The place is great, and you can buy most of their mid/hi-fi stuff, such as the ad series, ws series, and pro series

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #10,402 of 12,415
  Hey, so has anyone seen these around?

It's kinda neat, but mostly depressing. This is a Best Buy Express in my college campus's main student center. It's convenient, but all they sell as far as headphones go are cheap Sonys, JVC's, an assortment of crappy Skullcandies, and the whole bottom shelf is Beats. So lame.

One-stop ****-shop

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #10,407 of 12,415
I see ATH-M50's everywhere around here. I wonder how many of them stumbled on headfi reviews/recommendations for em. B*** dominate however over the public hear second is SkullC's. Still I'm happy to see momentums and other models like the MDR-1R every now and then. It helps that I see the public all of my working day.

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #10,408 of 12,415
Hey guys I've been in Malaysia for the past few days...... I'll be posting a few pics of headphone store sightings with some pretty sweet HPs later on but for now, a few sightings I didn't take pics of.

An African man on the beach at Shangri La Sabah had parrot ziks around his neck

In The Strange Housekeeper, a korean drama, a female character uses Harman Kardon Soundsticks for her room

Just now I saw yet another CIEM

In the MV of The Weight by Editors, a few members of the band use T50RPs/ Mad Dogs. I don't know which cos I'm not too familiar with the difference between the two

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #10,410 of 12,415
  I actually haven't heard any impressions on the NuForce MMP, even though it seems like a promising piece of hardware. Seems to have been designed for the iPhone 5.

I have one. I'm very happy with it. Good points: solid, flat output with enough power to drive my 220 Ohm DT-770s quite well. Bad points: Lots of noise when it's charging and being used at the same time. 8 hour battery life, overally a nice little unit that does exactly what I need it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back