Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #12,196 of 12,415
  This is more of a headphone hearing than sighting..o.O Well, hearing of.
I x-rayed a patient who is a DJ, and said he uses AKGs. He then went on to say that AKGs are good for gaming. So he must certainly know about quality cans =O!

AKGs are "okay" for gaming, they get a lot of praise (the K701s and 100 other variations) for having a large soundstage.  After using them for a year with gaming I find the imaging on LCD2.2s with fazors to have more accurate imaging.  Even though the soundstage is significantly smaller, the audezes feel a lot more natural and realistic than the K70X does.  Just my opinion.

First good sighting in a long, long while:  Some cool college runner from Chico State University laying on the grass tuning out to his DT770s.  Didn't get close enough to read exactly what they were but they sure do look a lot smaller than I imagined... They look way more normal-ish for mobile use than my K550s.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #12,197 of 12,415
AKGs are "okay" for gaming, they get a lot of praise (the K701s and 100 other variations) for having a large soundstage.  After using them for a year with gaming I find the imaging on LCD2.2s with fazors to have more accurate imaging.  Even though the soundstage is significantly smaller, the audezes feel a lot more natural and realistic than the K70X does.  Just my opinion.
well yeah, but it's also a 1000$ headphone vs a 200$ headphone.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #12,199 of 12,415
Quite a few cool sightings so far in the 4 days I've worked part time at a mooncake fair ( mooncake is an Asian delicacy eaten to commemorate the mid autumn festival which starts on 27th September this year )

An heir audio UIEM with an upgrade cable
A TF10 with some purple upgrade cable
An RHA T10I
A wrongly worn ATH CKR9 ( worn downwards I mean it's so much more comfortable to wear it with the cable over your ear
An MDR1R
A JVC FX1200/FX850 with an upgrade cable
Quite a few ATH IMX0
A sennheiser momentum in ear

And my fellow part-time colleague has a pair of sennheiser momentums

Most impressively, I saw a Caucasian dude walking past with a pair of translucent red faceplate JH CIEMs with the JH logo using an 8 core whiplash audio cable with shielding from the Y - splitter down.

Wow. I know.:)

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #12,200 of 12,415
Quite a few cool sightings so far in the 4 days I've worked part time at a mooncake fair ( mooncake is an Asian delicacy eaten to commemorate the mid autumn festival which starts on 27th September this year )

An heir audio UIEM with an upgrade cable
A TF10 with some purple upgrade cable
An RHA T10I
A wrongly worn ATH CKR9 ( worn downwards I mean it's so much more comfortable to wear it with the cable over your ear
An MDR1R
A JVC FX1200/FX850 with an upgrade cable
Quite a few ATH IMX0
A sennheiser momentum in ear

And my fellow part-time colleague has a pair of sennheiser momentums

Most impressively, I saw a Caucasian dude walking past with a pair of translucent red faceplate JH CIEMs with the JH logo using an 8 core whiplash audio cable with shielding from the Y - splitter down.

Wow. I know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Singapore, man. So many cool stuff.

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #12,209 of 12,415
So many sightings for me today on campus, more than entire semester so far.

Saw HD650s (guy was wearing them in lecture the class before the midterm lol), Grado SR80s (i think? or another similar looking model), Fidue A83s, a few pairs of M50x and Momentums (pretty normal), and a pair of vmodas.

Usually only see Beats, Momentums, and M50xs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back