Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 29, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #10,622 of 12,415
Holy, seriously?
I'm on the bus abd someone is using one of those ancient Koss headphones.

I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #10,623 of 12,415
Holy, seriously?

I'm on the bus abd someone is using one of those ancient Koss headphones.

I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/

Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #10,624 of 12,415
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.

She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in. :p

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #10,625 of 12,415
A lot of people seem to be using them as earmuffs. But when it's -12F, or even 4, not that effective!

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #10,626 of 12,415
  A lot of people seem to be using them as earmuffs. But when it's -12F, or even 4, not that effective!

At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #10,627 of 12,415
I saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.

Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #10,629 of 12,415
I just want to ask. Who here lives in Britain and owns a V-Moda headphone? I'm starting to realise just how rare these things are over here; especially custom shields.

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #10,630 of 12,415
  I just want to ask. Who here lives in Britain and owns a V-Moda headphone? I'm starting to realise just how rare these things are over here; especially custom shields.

I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #10,631 of 12,415
  yeah i know, i cant tell you how many times i hear people with apple earbuds that have their music so loud that its audible from about ten feet away. 

They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt? 

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #10,633 of 12,415
If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.

How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
Oh
I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #10,634 of 12,415
  How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
Oh

Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.

"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #10,635 of 12,415

Oh

Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.

"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset

I know, right??

"Wow, these Sennheiser headphones suck! My Beats get louder at the same volume level!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back