Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #10,261 of 12,415
Am I allowed to ask what is it? Sorry

As far as what it is:
EQ curve.
Frequency band and the respective boost in dB (on the rightmost column).

As far as what is it then I dunno
tongue.gif

But let's drop the beats topic, we're not here to bash it.

That said, saw a classmate with a REALLY weird looking pink&orange&light blue headphones... Might be the colors that made it weird. Kind of looked like a Skullcandy but I didn't see any skulls on it.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #10,262 of 12,415
As far as what it is:

EQ curve.

As far as what is it then I dunno :p

That said, saw a classmate with a REALLY weird looking pink&orange&light blue headphones... Might be the colors that made it weird. Kind of looked like a Skullcandy but I didn't see any skulls on it.

Legit! Gonna try building a graph out of that later! (Bare with me, I'm bored xD)

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #10,263 of 12,415
As far as what it is:

EQ curve.

As far as what is it then I dunno :p

Did it have this logo anywhere? ---> $, but with a "Z" instead of a "S".

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #10,264 of 12,415
Legit! Gonna try building a graph out of that later! (Bare with me, I'm bored xD)

Lol. Beats audio **** is pure BS. They just add more bass and make music louder. Something like FR graph of BBE would be much more legit.

I can't believe how many people think EQ is a new thing and it's revolutionary. Beats audio is nothing but bass/volume boost.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #10,265 of 12,415
Went to Hong Kong for 2 days and I saw 5 customs, 2 Sennheiser Momentums, a UE900 and a few Beats not including the stuff I saw at Jaben.

Never seen a custom outside if a Head-Fi event before...

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #10,267 of 12,415

Don't forget to have the X-axis (frequency) on a semi-log scale!

Did it have this logo anywhere? ---> $, but with a "Z" instead of a "S".

I didn't see any logo. I didn't look too carefully either. The person is a international student from China so it could have been something she brought over.
It looked kind of like a cross between a SkullCandy Uprock with cups shaped more like Beats Studio (new version).
Oh well, unimportant I guess.

In other news, I see the silver rings of M50 quite a lot as usual.

I've only seen one once! It was in Japan, an older man on the terrace of a coffee shop near the coast, sipping his coffee reading newspaper. Yeah, I wanna live a life like that when I'm older. Need to study and work hard for that now >_<

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #10,268 of 12,415
oops, wrong thread

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #10,270 of 12,415
  Don't forget to have the X-axis (frequency) on a semi-log scale!

Don't expect too much from me! I didn't use the semi-log scale either... It is just a rough graph or sketch graph xD I actually just finished doing it and.... I freaked out! 

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #10,272 of 12,415
Went to Hong Kong for 2 days and I saw 5 customs, 2 Sennheiser Momentums, a UE900 and a few Beats not including the stuff I saw at Jaben.

Saw three customs since August, all on schoolboys...

Also, found a pair of ATH-CKM300is lying around in school. Gave them to lost and found after some inner turmoil :/

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #10,274 of 12,415
This was the only place I could find to ask this question. I downloaded an album off of Bandcamp in the ALAC (Apple Lossless) format. (Don't worry, I also got the FLAC version, too.). Anyway, the extensions was ".m4a" is this still Apple Lossless? Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #10,275 of 12,415
  This was the only place I could find to ask this question. I downloaded an album off of Bandcamp in the ALAC (Apple Lossless) format. (Don't worry, I also got the FLAC version, too.). Anyway, the extensions was ".m4a" is this still Apple Lossless? Thanks in advance.

yes it is. they don't lable it as "ALAC" mine is "m4a" as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back