Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #10,247 of 12,415
Ugh, my friend still thinks his Beats are the Holy Grail of headphones. He said that his headphones "have special Beats technology that song take advantage of" since on one part of the song it switches from the left and right channel quickly. I tried showing him that my M-80, let alone any other headphone can do that. He said the sound barely seemed like it was switching. (Facepalm)

Put a b logo on your M-80 the next time you show him... He will for sure say the different thing. Otherwise, close his eyes, and do a blind test on him!

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #10,249 of 12,415

Or say that it is a pair of beats also, but the faceplate was removed for a custom one instead. :wink:

DR.DRE MADE THIS SPECIALLY FOR ME! I was a lucky winner... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #10,250 of 12,415
Put a b logo on your M-80 the next time you show him... He will for sure say the different thing. Otherwise, close his eyes, and do a blind test on him!
I wish I could. The earcuos definetly feel different sooooo...

Or say that it is a pair of beats also, but the faceplate was removed for a custom one instead. :wink:
I can't, don't forget the little V-Moda punch out on the hinge and the headband.

DR.DRE MADE THIS SPECIALLY FOR ME! I was a lucky winner... :veryevil:
Lol, if Dr. Dre made something especially for me I would say, "Thanks, but your false adverts are a killer", and hand them back.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #10,252 of 12,415
Saw a dude walking around with a pair of AKG K240 Mk.II several days ago, been a long time since I saw someone walking around wearing something else than Beats/ Momentums...

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #10,253 of 12,415
I can't, don't forget the little V-Moda punch out on the hinge and the headband.

That was.. uh.. part of your custom design
rolleyes.gif

Well jokes aside, what model of beats did he have? if it was something like studio/pro/exec then maybe that explains a little. Going from circumaural to supra aural does have quite a bit of a different feeling in sound perception. Well to some degree.

Onto the topic, I'm seeing a lot of headphones lately that I've never seen before. Not entirely sure if it's an obscure black horse or just a bargain bin unit. Maybe some of both. Interesting...

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #10,254 of 12,415
That was.. uh.. part of your custom design :rolleyes:

Well jokes aside, what model of beats did he have? if it was something like studio/pro/exec then maybe that explains a little. Going from circumaural to supra aural does have quite a bit of a different feeling in sound perception. Well to some degree.

Onto the topic, I'm seeing a lot of headphones lately that I've never seen before. Not entirely sure if it's an obscure black horse or just a bargain bin unit. Maybe some of both. Interesting...
He has the Solo "HD".

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #10,255 of 12,415
He has the Solo "HD".

Oh my. I don't know then.
You can let him know that "beats technology" is only in beats branded audio player/cellphone/computer/etc. It's mostly a software equalizer than something physical you find in the headphones themselves.
The equalizers themselves most likely will pair nicely with beats headphones though. They're made for, anyway.

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #10,256 of 12,415
You can let him know that "beats technology" is only in beats branded audio player/cellphone/computer/etc. It's mostly a software equalizer than something physical you find in the headphones themselves.
The equalizers themselves most likely will pair nicely with beats headphones though. They're made for, anyway.

All the equalizer does is boost the bass and treble. Nothing else.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #10,257 of 12,415

All the equalizer does is boost the bass and treble. Nothing else.

You forgot your source. :wink:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-review/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back