Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #9,601 of 12,415
AIAIAI is a cool company with seriously nice products. Their house sound is kinda dark/warm. If you love those tones, I would strongly suggest. Also their headphones are quite durable. Maybe not on the level of HD25 or German Maestro GMP 8.35D (Seriously there is no headphone at that durability level, yes I own one) but better most of the things you see on streets.

I don't have their iems but on ear and around ear models are worth considering if you like their sound signature. Also, there was a mate who looks for isolation, I would also suggest AIAIAI models, they isolate nice.

Plus, my personal opinion, their headphones look so nice. Simple cool design that never misses the target.

Can't agree more! I think I might as well save up some cash for the IEM XD

While they share some similarities in terms of sound signature with most Sennheiser headphones, if you can afford the Sennheiser higher end model like the Amperior, Momentum, HD600/650/598 with an amp, the Sennheiser wins however, when compared to Sennheiser's lower end model, I think the AIAIAI takes the lead xD still love the HD439 thought haha

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #9,602 of 12,415
I've seen Aiaiai headphones before, just not that model.
Every apple shop around here stocks their more expensive models, but never has them for audition, so I've never heard one before. 

I have however seen the German Maestro GMP 8.35D - there's the commercial version with an indestructible cable cover (like a shower cable) that you see in all the big commercial music shops. 
Those are bombproof. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #9,604 of 12,415
  I've seen Aiaiai headphones before, just not that model.
Every apple shop around here stocks their more expensive models, but never has them for audition, so I've never heard one before. 

I have however seen the German Maestro GMP 8.35D - there's the commercial version with an indestructible cable cover (like a shower cable) that you see in all the big commercial music shops. 
Those are bombproof. 

Can't agree more. +1. The model you seen is called GMP 8.40 I believe, if I am not mistaking. It is for places like museums and all, with extra protective and durability also anti-thief system. I think the cable is covered with steel.

To be honest, German Maestro is my favorite brand for around 200 euro budget. I can't suggest them enough. However now I scaled up quite a bit, got an end of the game ciem and I don't think I will ever go back to full sized headphones. So if anyone is looking for a good either closed or open back headphone with neutral sound signature, quite uncolored but extremely tight and controlled notes, check their line up.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #9,606 of 12,415
A gray AKG K518LE and A black Sennheiser PX-100/200II on the MRT. Not bad, things are looking up.

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #9,607 of 12,415
Saw some sweet looking westone 4's on tuesday while at the gym, some philip 'phones, some sony zx300's, and just today a pair of monoprice 8320's, a skullcandy lowrider, and a beats pro. Nothing special other than the monoprice and westone's

Sep 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #9,610 of 12,415
W4 at gym? Man IMO, W4 is way too expensive for gym... You know, anything can happen.

Who knows! That guy may have tones after tones of CIEM in case his W4 broke! And tones after tones of high-end toys like the Audeze LCDs, HD800 or even the Sennheiser HE90 and that will make the W4 look small in comparison xD

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #9,611 of 12,415
  Saw a guy rocking some sennheiser momentums at my campus last week. I wanted to give him a compliment on his cans but I was too scared.

Just yell "nice cans!" across campus. 
wink_face.gif

NK

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #9,615 of 12,415
seriously people, be proud of your audiophilia, don't be scared to show people that's what you are, yeah sure you'll get the odd looks, but now, instead of being teased, people compliment me on it, anyone wanting to buy new headphones, they'll be referred to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back