Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #9,226 of 12,415
I live on Colombia which being a 3rd world country is full of monkeys with 10usd chinese beats copies, I was on an electronic store and saw this beautiful pair of samson sr 840, I forced the owner to open them and let me try them on my ipod, they sounded nice and a little bit better than my hd 419's, I stood there for 30 minutes trying to convince them why they where better than some hideous american audio hp 700.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #9,228 of 12,415
Quote:
If your headphone is an 8.35D, you're excused from any sort of durability considerations.

Handmade in Germany mate! I am sure my grandchildren will hear those headphones working perfectly 
tongue_smile.gif
 Yeap, my first head-fi gear purchase, I know there are better but as a memory of where did I begin, I want to keep it with me all the time. Anyway nothing can happen to it 
happy_face1.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #9,229 of 12,415
I almost check Engadget anymore these days...lucky for me I found this while randomly browsing it today.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/24/new-beats-by-dre-studio-headphones/

It looks like they took the extremely comfortable earpads from the Mixr and added them to the Studios. Excellent! I'll buy a pair right nao.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #9,231 of 12,415
Recent trip to Edinburgh on the train and my friend pulls out some Beats wireless listening to streamed music off youtube, whilst enjoying the attention from everyone else I pulled out my portable rig Ipod classic 5G (FLAC of course), Arrow amp and Yamaha pro 500's..... how I loved p'ing on that bonfire..... I then proceeded to educate the rest! 
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #9,232 of 12,415
Quote:
Recent trip to Edinburgh on the train and my friend pulls out some Beats wireless listening to streamed music off youtube, whilst enjoying the attention from everyone else I pulled out my portable rig Ipod classic 5G (FLAC of course), Arrow amp and Yamaha pro 500's..... how I loved p'ing on that bonfire..... I then proceeded to educate the rest! 
wink.gif

Honestly, who the hell listens to music streamed off of youtube? Like, why is it so damn common?

Wahh, Pro 500s. I so wanted that pair...

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #9,238 of 12,415
I just got back home from a nine-day trip to Japan. First there were a lot of cheap earbuds and low-end headphones from Sony and Audio Technica, but the best I spotted was the Sony MDR-1R on two different Asian businessmen. One was riding the bullet train with the brown-and-silver model, while the other was walking around Tokyo with the red-and-black. I couldn't get a good look at either of them, but they were both beautiful. Can't go wrong with either color scheme.

A fellow tourist also had some V-MODA Crossfade LPs.

I only recall seeing one pair of Beats (Pro) in Japan, although I saw many more at the various airports I stopped at. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back