Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #7,921 of 12,415
This doesn't really count but anyone seen step up revolution I was watching it with my sister and there was so so many beats headphones and there idea of a car with a sound system was two 12" kicker cvts and two 12" pioneers and the "dj" supposedly the best in LA was the one with the beats collection and subs

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7,922 of 12,415
I was watching a music video of Aqua Timez, one of my favorite J-Rock bands, but I can't really see the headphones the vocalist (one of my favorite singers btw) was wearing from 0:33 - 0:54. Are those the Sony MDR-V6? Or something similar looking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXV3TWc6-Co

The guitarist was also wearing some headphones that are really hard to see, let alone identify from 0:25 to 0:32. It certainly doesn't help when they kinda blend in with his hair...

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #7,923 of 12,415
Yeah, they're HD25s, and probably the pro model with a split headband.
I wouldn't be surprised with Bowers guy being an Apple user and a self proclaimed computer expert because of which. The P5 are nice headphones, but it's obvious they're an iPhone fashion accessory and viciously overpriced; sort of Monster for wankers, if you know what I mean.

Monster for wankers, that made me laugh.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #7,924 of 12,415
There's this "self-proclaimed" audiophile guy I take classes with, and he mixes tunes with his MacBook Pro and Beats Studios (3 of them 
mad.gif
). The thing is, he mixes good music, but is severely bass-light for hip-hop, since he uses bass-heavy phones.  I then proceed to ask him why he uses such headphones.

Guy: Dude, you do know that major artists use Beats in their studios, right? They gotta be the best if they use them for their music.
Me: They only use them in public because they are paid to. In the studio, they probably use something else. If you were actually an audiophile, you would know.
Guy: Well, Mr. Audiophile (his attempt at an insult, but I liked it), prove it. I bet you can't.
Me: Try these. (hands him a Sennheiser HD280 Pro I borrowed from a friend to demo)
Guy: I never even heard of.. Senn.. hei.. whatever you call these things. How do these sound? I bet my Studios will sound better than these.
Me: Just try it.
Guy: (puts them on, tries to hide obvious awe in his face) They're not bad. How much did you pay for these?
Me: Those aren't mine, but I think they're a hundred bucks.
Guy: No really? You're kidding me right?
Me: No, wanna check?
Guy: Alright alright. I still think you're making fun of me.
(we then proceed to HeadRoom to check HD280 Pro prices)
Guy: (mouth hanging slightly open) Well, they must use these in the studios, 'cause they don't look like much.
Me: I though you just said they used Beats in studios?
(I then proceed to tell him where I buy headphones, and make replacement recommendations for the Tour he uses on his iPod as well)
Guy: Alright then, thanks.

The next day I passed by his music room and saw only one pair of Studios left. He bought an HD280 Pro and a CX-300II Precision IEM. He says he'll keep the Studios for "swag".

Mission accomplished (somewhat). 
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #7,925 of 12,415
Quote:
There's this "self-proclaimed" audiophile guy I take classes with, and he mixes tunes with his MacBook Pro and Beats Studios (3 of them 
mad.gif
). The thing is, he mixes good music, but is severely bass-light for hip-hop, since he uses bass-heavy phones.  I then proceed to ask him why he uses such headphones.

The next day I passed by his music room and saw only one pair of Studios left. He bought an HD280 Pro and a CX-300II Precision IEM. He says he'll keep the Studios for "swag".

cool.gif

Haha good job! And he is yet to experience what kind of audio he will get by spending the same amount he spent on all those beats but in real brands instead. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #7,927 of 12,415
Quote:
someone at my school is also a former headfier...unfortunatly former,,,,anyways i see him all the time wearing akg 550 and m50s 
guess im lucky to have at least someone who doesnt have beats at my school:)

Okay, I just gotta ask.  Why former?

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #7,928 of 12,415
Quote:
mad.gif

Guy: Dude, you do know that major artists use Beats in their studios, right? They gotta be the best if they use them for their music.
Me: They only use them in public because they are paid to. In the studio, they probably use something else. If you were actually an audiophile, you would know.
Guy: Well, Mr. Audiophile (his attempt at an insult, but I liked it), prove it. I bet you can't.
Me: Try these. (hands him a Sennheiser HD280 Pro I borrowed from a friend to demo)
Guy: I never even heard of.. Senn.. hei.. whatever you call these things. How do these sound? I bet my Studios will sound better than these.
Me: Just try it.
Guy: (puts them on, tries to hide obvious awe in his face) They're not bad. How much did you pay for these?
Me: Those aren't mine, but I think they're a hundred bucks.
Guy: No really? You're kidding me right?
Me: No, wanna check?
Guy: Alright alright. I still think you're making fun of me.
(we then proceed to HeadRoom to check HD280 Pro prices)
Guy: (mouth hanging slightly open) Well, they must use these in the studios, 'cause they don't look like much.
Me: I though you just said they used Beats in studios?
(I then proceed to tell him where I buy headphones, and make replacement recommendations for the Tour he uses on his iPod as well)
Guy: Alright then, thanks.

cool.gif

I'm really not getting the "sudden awe" thing.

I honestly will forget whether I'm using stock blackberry IEMs or my Westone 4 if I listen to them for a while. If I wasn't already accustomed to hi-fi equipment, it would take me and a ton of others quite some time to truly appreciate the lack of bass and clarity.

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #7,930 of 12,415
First post in this thread.

Saw a kid (couldnt have been more than 16) sporting a pair of HD800s on the bus ride this morning. 

Was quite amazing to be honest, I asked him about them and he saved up the money he earned through daily chores and other such local work for them. 

He made my V-Moda LP2s look pretty sad.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #7,931 of 12,415
First post in this thread.

Saw a kid (couldnt have been more than 16) sporting a pair of HD800s on the bus ride this morning. 

Was quite amazing to be honest, I asked him about them and he saved up the money he earned through daily chores and other such local work for them. 

He made my V-Moda LP2s look pretty sad.

Now that is some pretty serious dedication to good sound.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #7,932 of 12,415
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #7,933 of 12,415
Quote:

I'm really not getting the "sudden awe" thing.

I honestly will forget whether I'm using stock blackberry IEMs or my Westone 4 if I listen to them for a while. If I wasn't already accustomed to hi-fi equipment, it would take me and a ton of others quite some time to truly appreciate the lack of bass and clarity.

It's more on the sub-bass. The Studios have an extreme roll-off, he noticed it, since he told me afterwards he can feel the bass. He mixes hip-hop tunes, after all.

For reference:

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #7,934 of 12,415
Yall watch nfl? Anyone else notice almost all the headsets used by the commentators are some variation of the hd25 with a mic?

Been trying to figure out who makes the coaching headsets. Almost looks like a better build monoprice dj headphone :)

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #7,935 of 12,415
Quote:
Yall watch nfl? Anyone else notice almost all the headsets used by the commentators are some variation of the hd25 with a mic?
Been trying to figure out who makes the coaching headsets. Almost looks like a better build monoprice dj headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

You mean these?
http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/professional_headphones-headsets_professional-headsets_003373

Users who are viewing this thread

Back