Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #5,731 of 12,415
I remember a time when I would have thought of $25 as a LOT of money to pay on headphones. I mean they always break, so why pay more than the minimum, right?

Also saw someone with HD280 Pros, and a lot of Beats and Bose QC on a plane.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #5,732 of 12,415

Quote:
I remember a time when I would have thought of $25 as a LOT of money to pay on headphones. I mean they always break, so why pay more than the minimum, right?

This.. I remember seeing $40 skullcandies and thinking of them as a lot.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #5,733 of 12,415

Quote:

I got over this after i stopped buying skullcandy.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #5,734 of 12,415

Quote:
I got over this after i stopped buying skullcandy.

I used to pause when buying $5 Fake Flagship Sony IEM's off of Ebay thinking if it was worth it. SINCE THEY ALWAYS BREAK. 
Now:Drops $150 on headphones

Friends:   :O What is wrong with you man. I love music but.. (no you don't)

Friends with Beats: *look all smug and stuff* and then subtly put on their beats as a fashion statement of *DUH THESE ARE BETTER* (no, they are more expensive, you are a guy...can you see the worth of putting gucchi on a bag and a car, your answer is no...so why did you get beats?)

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #5,736 of 12,415

Quote:
I used to pause when buying $5 Fake Flagship Sony IEM's off of Ebay thinking if it was worth it. SINCE THEY ALWAYS BREAK. 
Now:Drops $150 on headphones

Friends:   :O What is wrong with you man. I love music but.. (no you don't)

Friends with Beats: *look all smug and stuff* and then subtly put on their beats as a fashion statement of *DUH THESE ARE BETTER* (no, they are more expensive, you are a guy...can you see the worth of putting gucchi on a bag and a car, your answer is no...so why did you get beats?)

It's all about appearance that's why. That being said, Bose is starting to pop up more around school here. Same with Beats, but it's gotten the point where I don't care that much. That being said, lots of people care about looking cool rather than staying warm. Beats+(not-actually-fleece)hoody<eVent(or whatever waterproof membrane) shell+synthetic insulation piece on that one. Toasty warm even on the coldest days of freezing rain and worse. Last laugh is mine because I don't get sick
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #5,737 of 12,415
Wow OP she was totally into you. You guys should go on a date or something. Maybe you could take her to a headphone store, you know because girls love to shop, and then the two of you could go back to your place and have a swell time. And by swell time I mean like listening to music on your headphones. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #5,738 of 12,415
Your username must be a pain to type in.

I swear I saw someone with an FX500. I highly doubt it was them though. 
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #5,740 of 12,415
AKG K 141 Mk. II on Burj Khalifa Metro Station

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #5,743 of 12,415
Not sure where to post this but i don't think anyone will hate me for posting it here.

First story. My dad came home and started telling me that the people at his work were talking about Beats and how great they were, so my dad comes in to the conversation and tells everyone that Beats aren't worth their price at all and that compared to headphones for half as much they sound like crap. Couldn't be more proud of him, haha.

Second story. I was sitting in my Biology class when my P.E. teacher comes into the class to talk to my Bio teacher, with Beat Studios on... Wasn't going to say anything but then she asks me if my Shure 940 that was sitting on my desk was loud, i told her that they could be loud if hooked up to a proper amp. She seemed to know what an amp is and she also seemed like she really was interested in hi end audio but just didn't try looking farther than ads. I have a four hour long bus ride with her on sunday so ill see if i cant convert her then.

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #5,744 of 12,415
from far away i thought i saw some kid with AKG K550 and i was like DAMN SOMEONE HAS THEM NOW....when he got closer they were the beats detox and i was like awwww =(

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #5,745 of 12,415
Not sure where to post this but i don't think anyone will hate me for posting it here.

First story. My dad came home and started telling me that the people at his work were talking about Beats and how great they were, so my dad comes in to the conversation and tells everyone that Beats aren't worth their price at all and that compared to headphones for half as much they sound like crap. Couldn't be more proud of him, haha.

Second story. I was sitting in my Biology class when my P.E. teacher comes into the class to talk to my Bio teacher, with Beat Studios on... Wasn't going to say anything but then she asks me if my Shure 940 that was sitting on my desk was loud, i told her that they could be loud if hooked up to a proper amp. She seemed to know what an amp is and she also seemed like she really was interested in hi end audio but just didn't try looking farther than ads. I have a four hour long bus ride with her on sunday so ill see if i cant convert her then.

You post it on "non-audiophile reactions to high end headphones"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back