Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 3, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #136 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the Internet. For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil violation. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at all levels, IFCC offers a central repository for complaints related to Internet fraud, works to quantify fraud patterns, and provides timely statistical data of current fraud trends.

PLEASE GO HERE TO File a Complaint http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

This is what it needed

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #139 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Hmm...not sure about this, Wodgy...Assuming the parents know nothing about this and assuming they are perfectly respectable people, it would seem a little silly to scream anything down the phone at them, let alone "POLICE!!"

Nonsense, i say call and get his parents on the phone. Over the Summer i purchased my Baby Orpheus and the seller was being really lazy about shipping them out. My sister, of all people, got his home# from my papers and called his up and got his father on the phone. The guy sent the headphones out within 24 hrs and everything worked out.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #140 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclewai
I have contacted trollhunters.com and see what's the best course of action is. This is really ridiculous, especially coming from an educated college student.

Unclewai, I suspect he may not be a college student at all. By reading his posts I've found his command of English to be somewhat lousy.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #141 of 200
Who gives a damn whether hes a college student or two year old--why has no one contacted his residence and the proper authorities (online and police)?

Edit: Spelling

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #142 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Who gives a damn whether hes a college student or two year old--why has no one contacted his residents and the proper authorities (online and police)?

Oneeyedhobbit that's a good question. I guess those who do should let us know about it. I'm not one of Scamscamduc's victims and I'm in South America, so I hope I don't have to do it.

Cheers!

Nov 3, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #143 of 200
If I may, are there any fellow head-fiers in his area? Maybe someone could spy on him and see what he's about, or even contact the local police.

Nov 3, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #144 of 200
I'm getting very tired. I was waiting a bit before contacting troll hunters, since he said he sent back the pimeta. I just found out he previously lied about sending the pimeta to eastside which leads me to believe he did the same to me. He claimed to send it to eastside today with 2-3 day delivery and tracking number. If phamducduc doesn't very soon sent it back with fedex and give me a tracking number, I will for sure get trollhunters to get him.

Nov 3, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #145 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
I'm getting very tired. I was waiting a bit before contacting troll hunters, since he said he sent back the pimeta. I just found out he previously lied about sending the pimeta to eastside which leads me to believe he did the same to me. He claimed to send it to eastside today with 2-3 day delivery and tracking number. If phamducduc doesn't very soon sent it back with fedex and give me a tracking number, I will for sure get trollhunters to get him.

Screw that. Call the police in his local area and contact the IFCC. ASAP. If you fail to do any of these in short order, I'm afraid I don't feel sorry for you anymore, as you've had ample time to fix this.

Nov 3, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #146 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro

Hell with that, do something NOW!

Nov 3, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #148 of 200
I am not familiar with how ebay works, but could those who were scammed post on ebay to warn others about the Phamducduc incident? It would be a pity to see more people fall prey because of the positive ebay ratings.

Nov 3, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #150 of 200
I have been following these fraud threads with interest.
I agree with KR and others regarding promptly reporting this kind of [seemingly growing] criminal activity to the relevant authorities.
Any apparent 'softness' on the part of the victims will only be of encouragement to the perpetrators of such frauds.
The last thing the Head-Fi community needs is to appear to be a 'soft touch'
when it comes to responding to such criminal activity.

Perhaps the forum could do with a visible warning to those skulking with the
possible intent to commit fraud, that they WILL be tracked down and prosecuted.
No exceptions, you can run but you can't hide!

My sympathies to those trusting folk who have been victims here.
frown.gif

Setmenu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back