Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 4, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #166 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Well, without trudging back through those seven pages myself to locate them,
this post springs to mind...
There aren't specific outright statements, but rather implied undertones, which to me are equally disturbing.

ipodstudio: with all respect, it could very well be you missread the posts.
This is not about revenge or hate, but it is all about justice.
while I agree that being kicked out of school might be a little extreme, but the simple true is that scumscumduc is just gonna carry on and on and on doing these scams until he find some folks who will report him and gets properly dealt with.

question: are the administrator or the moderators doing anything on this matter?

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #167 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousVoiger

question: are the administrator or the moderators doing anything on this matter?

Let me make something PERFECTLY clear: Head-fi is in no way responsible for any transactions between any members. The for sale forums are "use are your own risk." Buyer beware etc., etc.

The most that Jude, or any of the moderators could do is ban him, ip block him and be done with it. The problem would be those individuals who are trying to resolve the issue with him or he with the members. Banning him from the For Sale forums has been done as far as I know (I will check on this) and banning him from Head-fi could happen further down the line, but not yet.

The information is out there. Members can contact the local authorities, the federal authorities and any other authority they so wish in order to conclude this mess. That is left up to the members involved. Not Head-fi. Please remember this in the future.

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #168 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
........... Banning him from the For Sale forums has been done as far as I know (I will check on this) and banning him from Head-fi could happen further down the line, but not yet.

And why not bann phamphamduc from Head-fi (all foruns)???
Scamming several people here is not reason enough?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #169 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Let me make something PERFECTLY clear: Head-fi is in no way responsible for any transactions between any members. The for sale forums are "use are your own risk." Buyer beware etc., etc...

I agree. If I enter into a transaction that goes bad it's my problem. And if that's the case I also consider it my duty to let others here know if I have a transaction problem with a particular individual. I consider being here a privilege... not a right. And as such I'm responsible for me and me alone.

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #170 of 200
I was just wondering if jude or any of the moderators had reported the culprit to the Internet fraud or whatever.
Im not saying Head-fi is responsible for this. Of course not!
Where did I say that?

I'm not too sure how the forum works, but if I was the administrator I would have reported the culprit. That's all!

edit: no problem buddy, for me the FS forum doesnt exist.

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #171 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigears
And why not bann phamphamduc from Head-fi (all foruns)???
Scamming several people here is not reason enough?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Perhaps the Mods still wish to give ScamSuckSuck a chance to apologise here? If so, does he deserve it?

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #172 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousVoiger
I'm not too sure how the forum works, but if I was the administrator I would have reported the culprit. That's all!

If I were the victim, I would do likewise.
Quote:

Perhaps the Mods still wish to give ScamSuckSuck a chance to apologise here? If so, does he deserve it?

Not a chance to apologize, but an avenue for those who have been victimized to have a chance at communicating with him. However slight that chance might be.

Nov 4, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #173 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
Look, there's no real difference between saying someone makes comments that have racist undertones and implying they're a racist. You're just playing around with language, and frankly it stinks.

I'll say it again:

I'm not calling you a racist, I'm saying that your post had racist undertones. It may not have been your conscious intention but that's the way it came over, especially combined with some of your other offerings, in this thread and others.

Nov 4, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #175 of 200
Onix, I agree. Enough said on that one.

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #176 of 200
UPDATE: I have been contacted by a detective who told me to try one last time to contact phamducduc before he gets involved since I was informed that another member just received back his amp. I sent phamducduc a msg via ebay just now.

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #177 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
I'm not calling you a racist, I'm saying that your post had racist undertones. It may not have been your conscious intention but that's the way it came over, especially combined with some of your other offerings, in this thread and others.

Listen, ipodstudio, now you're making me pretty damn mad. Give me specific examples of other posts in this thread or others where I've made supposed "racist undertones." Put up or shut up.

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #178 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
Listen, ipodstudio, now you're making me pretty damn mad. Give me specific examples of other posts in this thread or others where I've made supposed "racist undertones." Put up or shut up.

Wodgy, really, I agree with you that your posts have no racial undertones, but let's just chill out and leave this useless dispute behind us, could we? I'm afraid if you further seek the vindication of your ego here this thread will be closed very soon. Only ScamSuckDuck would benefit from such an outcome. Perhaps you could further challenge iPodstudio via PM if you really need to do so.

Cheers!

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #179 of 200
It wasn't racist, it didn't have racist undertones, it mentioned race and that is all it takes nowadays.

I understood your logic to go like this.

If a kid involves himself in illegal activities, there is a definite fault of the family involved, whether it be through accomplice or plain negligence.

You view is that it is usually accomplice or acceptance.(where there's smoke there's fire comment)

Then, you make a logic point that if no-one in the house speaks english, there is a good chance there are non-citizens in the house.

Now your conclusion is that, screw that, if there are multiple illegal activities taking place, take down the lot of them.

very harsh, but not racist.

What you have to understand is that in an arguement, people don't ever listen to try and figure out what the other person means. They are usually content to logic the statement based entirely on their own experiences, beliefs, impressions. If ipodstudio where to make a statement like the one you made, it would be decidingly racist based on his underlying motives, reasoning, etc. and because of that he has judged your statement to "have racist undertones."

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #180 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Wodgy, really, I agree with you that your posts have no racial undertones, but let's just chill out and leave this useless dispute behind us, could we? I'm afraid if you further seek the vindication of your ego here this thread will be closed very soon. Only ScamSuckSuck would benefit from such an outcome. Perhaps you could further challenge iPodstudio via PM if you really need to do so.

Cheers!

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back