Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 5, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #181 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
UPDATE: I have been contacted by a detective who told me to try one last time to contact phamducduc before he gets involved since I was informed that another member just received back his amp. I sent phamducduc a msg via ebay just now.

Well, some good news is better than none. Hopefully Phucduc decides to do the right thing.

Just for the record, I don't find anything racist about Wodgy's comments.

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #182 of 200
ok, i got feedup with scamscamduc and his lies and decided to call his local police. I was lucky enough that they actually took this thing seriously and talked to a detective. I gave him all my information and what had happened. I also told him of others that were scam and how to contact them. The detective was going to call Natsurio and get more information and told me that he would go to the address that i gave. I later PM scamscamduc and he quickly returned my amp after i informed him that i got the local authorities involved. I called the detective and told him that i recieved my amp. He told me that he would continue and get addition information from all the parties involved. I'm really happy that someone is taking this seriously and hope that scamscamduc get what he deserves. Natsurio i hope he called you if not i can give you his number. PM me if you need anything else.

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #183 of 200
eastside504:
Glad to hear everything worked out for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #185 of 200
It's strange, I don't understand why people assume that crimes committed over the internet are any less severe than crimes committed in real life. As illustrated in this case, law enforcement will follow cases up just as vigorously.

I'm glad this is finally coming to a close, this has dragged on and on for so long it's ridiculous.

Nov 5, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #187 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
Awesome! This just made my night. Glad justice is served. Hopefully the guy learned a very serious lesson. Maybe it's not too late for him.

either way once everyone gets their amp and or money back I strongly believe that he should be banned from this site for life.

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:51 PM Post #189 of 200
Eastside,

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504
ok, i got feedup with scamscamduc and his lies and decided to call his local police. I was lucky enough that they actually took this thing seriously and talked to a detective. I gave him all my information and what had happened. I also told him of others that were scam and how to contact them. The detective was going to call Natsurio and get more information and told me that he would go to the address that i gave. I later PM scamscamduc and he quickly returned my amp after i informed him that i got the local authorities involved. I called the detective and told him that i recieved my amp. He told me that he would continue and get addition information from all the parties involved. I'm really happy that someone is taking this seriously and hope that scamscamduc get what he deserves. Natsurio i hope he called you if not i can give you his number. PM me if you need anything else.

Fantastic! I congratulate you on your initiative. You did the right thing. I hope other ScamSuckDuck victims follow suit. I hope the detective nails this sucka. Should teach him a lesson.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #190 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
UPDATE: I have been contacted by a detective who told me to try one last time to contact phamducduc before he gets involved since I was informed that another member just received back his amp. I sent phamducduc a msg via ebay just now.

Natsuiro, I perceive the other member you mention here must have been Eastside himself. Did ScamSuckDuck return your amp? Did the detective finally get involved or is he waiting for you to get a reply from ScamSuckDuck? Is the detective waiting for everyone to get their amps back and hoping he will not have to get involved?

Nov 5, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #191 of 200
I'm happy that you got back your amp, eastside504, and I hope all the other scams he pulled are rectified.

It's great that the authorities are continuing their investigation despite that this kid is now trying to make good (now that he's presumably backed into a corner). If this does come down to an arrest, even a detention by police, I think it would be worth tipping off his local papers, such as the Garden Grove Journal or one of the many Vietnamese-language publications listed here. ANother good one would be his school paper, if there is one.

The tone of Oleaseed and Phamducduc's posts got so arrogant at times, but I kinda think that was just Internet bravery. One simple action by local cops like an arrest or detention is enough for most local/community papers to write up at least a 200-word brief, and an editor may deem it interesting enough (int'l frauds right in our neighborhood, multiple selling venues, nerd value, the net is shady) for a much longer piece. And I think that if a story like that were to appear in his hometown, he may not be so defiant or weaselly about his actions.

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #192 of 200
Screw leniency. This crap is the same as a crime in real life. This kid needs to be prosecuted and a record so it can be an example to other would-be internet crooks. I have no pity for these *****holes even if it ruins their future. I'm just surprised the same level of justice wasn't shown to williamgoody. All in all I'm very glad the victims have their stuff back.

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #193 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by dokebi
...I'm just surprised the same level of justice wasn't shown to williamgoody...

I think in williamgoody's instance it was the first time something like that had happened here on that wide of a scale. He evidently was a member in very good standing before whatever madness took over so I suspect that he was given the benefit of the doubt until it became obvious that there was a real problem.

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:05 AM Post #195 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504

Finally. I hope some of the other victims follow suit and take some initiative instead of b!tching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back