Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 3, 2004 at 11:25 AM Post #151 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Unclewai, I suspect he may not be a college student at all. By reading his posts I've found his command of English to be somewhat lousy.

His IP address is that of the above-mentioned college.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #152 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
His IP address is that of the above-mentioned college.

I see. Well, he probably would get (or has got) a rather low English SAT score. Perhaps he works there or is simply using a computer networked into the college's servers to cover his tracks. Maybe he is using a library computer. Or perhaps the college has just been lenient in it's admission procedures.

Nov 3, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #153 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
Thanks alot to those who are helping. I sent an e-mail to troll hunters.

That's good and that's a start. I hope the other victims do likewise and more. Will "Troll Hunters" themselves contact the police? One e-mail to "Troll Hunters" may not be enough. Other victims should follow suit.

Cheers!

Nov 3, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #155 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Nonsense, i say call and get his parents on the phone. Over the Summer i purchased my Baby Orpheus and the seller was being really lazy about shipping them out. My sister, of all people, got his home# from my papers and called his up and got his father on the phone. The guy sent the headphones out within 24 hrs and everything worked out.

Gloco, you may disagree with any of my posts but I take exception to you calling them nonsense especially when you quote me out of context. Please refrain from that in the future, or you and I will have a problem.

My post is talking about THIS family, and in THIS case the parents may not be able to speak English. If that is the case no-one has the right to scream anything at them, on the phone, via email, via fax, face to face....or by any other method! As far as we know they are completely unaware of this entire episode and need to be treated with respect.

I'm starting to sense a little racism thing going on here and it bothers me. The tone of some of these posts is:

"Oh heck, they're just a bunch of .......!! Probably all in it together!! Slam the lot of them, I say!!"

That approach is malignant, ignorant and singularly stupid and pangs of extreme prejudice. That kind of prejudice is far more dangerous than either of the crimes of theft or fraud that we are discussing in this thread.

scamscamduc needs dealing with, so deal with him. Scamscamduc's parents are, presumably, completely innocent of anything except raisng a wayward kid, and I wonder how many of the 18000 members present here are guilty of that crime.....

Nov 3, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #156 of 200
And once again, where is the Feedback thread that says "phamphamduc is a worthless scamming dipstick"?

This may sound harsh, but god, this has been going on for weeks but no one has taken any real action to prevent it from happening again. Get the authorities notified, sic a few lawyers on him, call him up every hour saying "where the **** is my money/goods?" and instill the fear of the law and retribution into him. I guarantee he's laughing at you right now because all you're doing is talking, and you're not making life hard for him.

This is not the time to be taking half-measures and hoping that he'll shape up, you need to whack him with everything you can, and if he gets expelled and has his life ruined that's too bad for him. You can't win if you show sympathy and give aid & comfort to the enemy, you need to go out and destroy him with extreme prejudice.

Nov 3, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #157 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Gloco, you may disagree with any of my posts but I take exception to you calling them nonsense especially when you quote me out of context. Please refrain from that in the future, or you and I will have a problem.

My post is talking about THIS family, and in THIS case the parents may not be able to speak English. If that is the case no-one has the right to scream anything at them, on the phone, via email, via fax, face to face....or by any other method! As far as we know they are completely unaware of this entire episode and need to be treated with respect.

I'm starting to sense a little racism thing going on here and it bothers me. The tone of some of these posts is:

"Oh heck, they're just a bunch of .......!! Probably all in it together!! Slam the lot of them, I say!!"

That approach is malignant, ignorant and singularly stupid and pangs of extreme prejudice. That kind of prejudice is far more dangerous than either of the crimes of theft or fraud that we are discussing in this thread.

scamscamduc needs dealing with, so deal with him. Scamscamduc's parents are, presumably, completely innocent of anything except raisng a wayward kid, and I wonder how many of the 18000 members present here are guilty of that crime.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
And once again, where is the Feedback thread that says "phamphamduc is a worthless scamming dipstick"?

This may sound harsh, but god, this has been going on for weeks but no one has taken any real action to prevent it from happening again. Get the authorities notified, sic a few lawyers on him, call him up every hour saying "where the **** is my money/goods?" and instill the fear of the law and retribution into him. I guarantee he's laughing at you right now because all you're doing is talking, and you're not making life hard for him.

This is not the time to be taking half-measures and hoping that he'll shape up, you need to whack him with everything you can, and if he gets expelled and has his life ruined that's too bad for him. You can't win if you show sympathy and give aid & comfort to the enemy, you need to go out and destroy him with extreme prejudice.

Here here, on both counts.

Nov 3, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #159 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
Were all these racist statements edited out? I just reread the 7 pages and have seen nothing. If people are self-editing, then "thankyou".

Well, without trudging back through those seven pages myself to locate them,
this post springs to mind...
There aren't specific outright statements, but rather implied undertones, which to me are equally disturbing.

Nov 3, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #161 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
ipodstudio, please apologize for calling me a racist. That's utterly uncalled for. You're reading something into my post that is simply not there.

LOL! I think if you look hard enough, Wodgy, you'll find it. I'm not calling you a racist, I'm saying that your post had racist undertones. It may not have been your conscious intention but that's the way it came over, especially combined with some of your other offerings, in this thread and others.

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #162 of 200
Quote:

LOL! I think if you look hard enough, Wodgy, you'll find it. I'm not calling you a racist, I'm saying that your post had racist undertones. It may not have been your conscious intention but that's the way it came over, especially combined with some of your other offerings, in this thread and others.

Look, there's no real difference between saying someone makes comments that have racist undertones and implying they're a racist. You're just playing around with language, and frankly it stinks.

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #163 of 200
I'll side with Wodgy on this one.

Racist? No...

Mean? Yep... but I don't read racism in it. People are careless with the labeling of the word racism more often than not. We should try and stay on topic instead of turning on each other. I would suspect that phamphamduc would be laughing at this...

Quote:

Well, without trudging back through those seven pages myself to locate them,
this post springs to mind...
There aren't specific outright statements, but rather implied undertones, which to me are equally disturbing.

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #164 of 200
How did this thread turn into this soapbox? One of the victims need to organize this so everyone affected can drop it big time. It seems that even scams of this caliber is looked upon lightly. I have some bridges and ocean-front property that I want to sell you people.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #165 of 200
The exact portion in dispute is:

«If this matter doesn't get solved eventually, I suggest someone making an anonymous tip to the federal immigration authorities. Where there's smoke there's probably fire, and if any members of this guy's family are in the country illegally or provisionally and they are condoning or turning a blind eye to illegal activities, they deserve to be investigated and possibly deported.»

Simply mean? The part "where there's smoke there's probably fire" reside at a upper level of what I can call being mean. They are associated as a group as being a nest of criminals. Worst possibly illegal immigrants.... Yes indeed go get them.

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back