HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Jul 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #151 of 1,103
None has been mentioned but I would not expect it to be significantly cheaper than the current dac-less Pico judging by the technology that seems to be going into it.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #154 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha another JH-13 owner (soon to be) wanting more info on Slim's release date

quadruple that
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #155 of 1,103
The cost suppositions above aren't necessarily so. Look at the Xin's. His main "full-sized" models sold for $350..........but his Supermini sold for $200. The Supermini is comparable in size to the Pico Slim. If I didn't already have my fully updated Supermini IV - then I would HAVE to HAVE a Pico Slim (though do use a Pico amp/dac velcro-ed to 30gig iMod), sometimes with RS-1. My 1st gen Nano lives with the Supermini (and Klipsch x10). Today if I found something comparable to that first Nano or better - then it would need to be paired with a Pico Slim........these amps make for truly pocketable setups.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #156 of 1,103
I am still pretty sure the pico slim will cost more than the amp only pico. It's a much more complicated build, with a higher parts cost, more expensive extrusion, and the main feature is that amazing volume control. I still want something like that on a full sized balanced preamp/headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back