HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 17, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #1,441 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to get this thread back where it should be at this point with the pre-orders now shipping, I've been lucky enough to check out the pico slim for a few days a couple of times with my jh13s, and am now very excited to finally be getting one. I've compared this amp to the ALO RX and the TTVJ Slim, both of which I liked, but I chose the slim, as it's balanced across the spectrum, has the best treble of the three, and for those of you who like to/need to listen at low volumes, this amp is pretty special. Just listening out of my ipod, I can't hear the music in the detail and clarity I like at very low volumes, which is the way I need to listen at times, but the slim gives me that. I thought I was done with portable amps, but I really looking forward to receiving mine, and I look forward to reading others' impressions as they receive theirs.

x2

Looking forward to the review and the appreciation thread
smile.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #1,442 of 2,425
ad4086f6.jpg

Good to hear all that boomana.

Burning a TWag Micro LOD>NuForce amp>Rockboxed 1G Nano>TWag cable>JH 13,looking forward to a decent volume pot.

This combo is certainly small and sounds good as is.

Just enough spread on the LOD cable to slip the Twag jack through.

I listen to Sirius Satellite on the iPod Touch and it's going to be nice to have a clean amp to control the signal.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #1,443 of 2,425
I also ordered the Twag Micro LOD after checking it out with the slim last time I had it. It's perfect size for the slim.

One reason I'd kinda "gone off" portable amps is because I really don't want to lug one around in my purse. My JH13s sounded good enough with just an ipod and/ my iphone for on-the-go, though I completely acknowledge that they sound better with an amp. I can stealth rig with my old nano/twag/ slim/jh13s no problem or even with my ipod classic.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #1,444 of 2,425
Apr 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #1,445 of 2,425
Apr 17, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #1,446 of 2,425
Quote:

I also ordered the Twag Micro LOD after checking it out with the slim last time I had it. It's perfect size for the slim.

One reason I'd kinda "gone off" portable amps is because I really don't want to lug one around in my purse. My JH13s sounded good enough with just an ipod and/ my iphone for on-the-go, though I completely acknowledge that they sound better with an amp. I can stealth rig with my old nano/twag/ slim/jh13s no problem or even with my ipod classic.

I kinda wish I'd have ordered one, although I could order from direct from Whiplash

The trouble I could see was using the micro for other amps with inputs on the front - the angled jack looks like it could block the output?

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #1,447 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda wish I'd have ordered one, although I could order from direct from Whiplash

The trouble I could see was using the micro for other amps with inputs on the front - the angled jack looks like it could block the output?

I'm curious what a $110 LOD sounds like. I'll just be using a regular LOD with a female 3.5mm jack from ebay connected to a cardas cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana
Just listening out of my ipod, I can't hear the music in the detail and clarity I like at very low volumes, which is the way I need to listen at times, but the slim gives me that.

That's great to hear. That was the main reason why I wanted the slim.

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #1,448 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by raccoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious what a $110 LOD sounds like. I'll just be using a regular LOD with a female 3.5mm jack from ebay connected to a cardas cable.

I didn't really notice any difference from my other lods, but then I really didn't do a comparison. I bought it strictly for its size.

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,449 of 2,425
Quote:

Well, to get this thread back where it should be at this point with the pre-orders now shipping, I've been lucky enough to check out the pico slim for a few days a couple of times with my jh13s, and am now very excited to finally be getting one. I've compared this amp to the ALO RX and the TTVJ Slim, both of which I liked, but I chose the slim, as it's balanced across the spectrum, has the best treble of the three, and for those of you who like to/need to listen at low volumes, this amp is pretty special. Just listening out of my ipod, I can't hear the music in the detail and clarity I like at very low volumes, which is the way I need to listen at times, but the slim gives me that. I thought I was done with portable amps, but I really looking forward to receiving mine, and I look forward to reading others' impressions as they receive theirs.

Now that is what I am talking about!

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #1,450 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I was the first to pay. The users/viewers are dysfunctional? Where I am from we are considered customers. An update was not too much to ask for.
PS: I was finished and did not intend to post again. I don't know why it had to be brought up again especially in a disrespectful manner. Can we just drop it or does this have to be irreconcilable?

lol, I see it continues. me disrespectful
darthsmile.gif
just wow!.

I brought it up because you quoted me and then went on to say something that I totally disagreed with. what has paying first got to do with it? this is a pre-order thread. I posted my pre-order on the first day it was started.....months ago.

happy to move on and drop it, but please dont be such a drama queen and turn things into more than they are. looking forward to happy days in the appreciation thread

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #1,451 of 2,425
Quote:

for those of you who like to/need to listen at low volumes, this amp is pretty special.

This is the whole reason for me wanting one in the first place so now I'm extra happy
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back